You were so good the first time I just had to come back for seconds/ portable speakers
Jun 2, 2010 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

LG24

New Head-Fier
Hey again,
Last time I was here it was to find some IEM's.  I was led to the deal of the century, Klipsch x10's for $130, and they've made me smile every single time I've used them.  This time i need some help with speakers.  I love the idea of an iPod dock because i generally rarely plug my computer in but from what I've read, they seem to be inferior in quality.  I'm open to all suggestions but they have to fit comfortably in a tiny dorm room which also makes the iPod dock seem nice.  Not big on rap/hip hop so the massive bass isn't necessary, just the best,crispest possible sound I can get for the money.  Budget is anywhere around !200 but there's always a little bit of wiggle room.  Thanks in advance,
Grant

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 12
in last month What Hi-Fi? magazine there was some kind of best desktop speakers shoot-out, and the EPOZ AktiMate Mini  received 5 stars (the Audioengine A5 got 4 stars). they really seem to like them. they're a little over your budget, but it  may be worth to give them a listen

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 12
I cannot believe in the USA they retail at 650$ 
eek.gif
. what is going on. in the UK are £350. sorry about that

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 12
I would look into some budget powered speakers. Ipod docks are basically just that but with an ipod dock connector. Powered speakers will take up the same amount of space and will be more versatile in the long run. I can't give you any recommendations though, but that's where I'd start.

Jun 5, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 12
They look sweet but I can's find them in the US.  Any other Ideas?  Again, my preference would be for something small so i could put it on a desk, windowsill, etc.

Jun 11, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
I cannot believe in the USA they retail at 650$ 
eek.gif
. what is going on. in the UK are £350. sorry about that

£350 is still about $500US which is a little over the $200 budget of the OP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back