YOU Want an Alien DAC
Oct 1, 2006 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

bhjazz

Headphoneus Supremus
Oh yes you do. You know you do. You want bragging rights. Yes, you want to tell your computer geek friends, "oh yeah, you might be able to tweak that silly video card, but I BUILT THIS DAC that runs off of the USB bus."

So jump on over here to the group buy threads. We're stuck at 84 boards, but need at least 100 to get the next group buy round started. That's only 16 boards left. The boards could easily be dropped into a box with any other small amplifier to make a damn smart one-box computer audio solution.

Join the army.
Take part in the group buy.
Support your local solder monkey.
Gain bragging rights and impress friends.

edit: fixed link to go to correct thread.

!! EDIT !!
Today is Oct 17.
The Group buy will be open until Oct 29.
If you're on the fence, you might want to decide pretty quick! Currently the total count is at 293. I understand from ALF's posts that if we surpass 300 boards, there is a slight price break.

And a big hand for ALF for taking this on
cool.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 31
You are a genius. This is exactly what i wanted to say. The Alien DAC gives you the ultimate bragging right so I want my board!

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 31
Actually ground up designing your own dac gives you more bragging rights
wink.gif
, in which case you can't beat mine
cool.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 31
If you want to be added, you need to email Alf at:

diy.png

From other thread:
1. You email me the number of boards, your head-fi nick, and your PayPal email address. If you already expressed your interest in Round 2, you must email me again. Please do not PM me.
2. I maintain the list of participants and the number of PCBs ordered in this post. I put you on the list only when I get all required details by email (see above).

Posting here may or may not get you a board and it is a lot easier for him to maintain an accurate list if everyone orders in the same place.

Oct 1, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 31
Oh yeah: Jump jump on over here to go to the Group Buys post so we can track it all in one place. (good catch quicksilver!)

Oct 1, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 31
I thought I was the only one checking the backlog everyday to see if the number has inched up to 100 yet. I am excited to get some boards, so please see the other thread to express interest in a third group buy!

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbyers77
I thought I was the only one checking the backlog everyday...

Ha! Excellent. Well, I just wanted to stoke the fire a bit. During my first year here, I had no idea how active the Group Buy forum was, so I just wanted to get the info out (and, of course, help along my selfish need for more projects!)
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 31
Checking my email today, I wondered why all of a sudden I became so popular. Then I found this thread, which explained it all. Smart move, bhjazz! The number of boards on backlog exceeded 100 in a couple of days. I submitted a request for Round 3 to Jude as per head-fi policy. If Jude does not mind another round, a new thread should appear in the Group Buy forum shortly.

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #11 of 31
Alf, I might consider getting something like 30-40 boards to keep supply going for a while.

I will have to check if I can afford it ATM. Please let me know before you order the boards.

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf
Checking my email today, I wondered why all of a sudden I became so popular. Then I found this thread

I probably should have dropped you a PM just to let you know
basshead.gif

Well, thank you for offering the boards in the first place. I really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back