you must keep two headphones only
Jan 31, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #107 of 262
Been a year some stuff changed so right now it’s the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 3 (main) and the Sennheiser HD 560 S (offers a nice contrast for whenever I want something different).
Is that a new Senny? Surprised you have that on your list , whats the 411 on it vs other Sennheisers of the past? thanks

Jan 31, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #108 of 262
Is that a new Senny? Surprised you have that on your list , whats the 411 on it vs other Sennheisers of the past? thanks

Yes it’s a new one, the T1 is also new, the gen 3 sounds very different than the gen 2. Big advantage of the HD 560 S over say the HD 6xx series is comfort and bass extension. It has a neutral almost DT 880 like sound with deeper bass and more forward mids going by memory. It does have the Sennheiser treble still. It scales well too, I did dislike it for a while but once it broke in and the pads got some wear I like it a lot more. It’s a clean fresh neutral sound is the best way I would describe it.

Jan 31, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #109 of 262
In this hypothetical situation of keeping these 2 headphones forever, will they also be indestructible or at least infinitely replaceable? If so, Penrose with suede pads for wireless gaming (unless a better sounding wireless 2.4ghz headphones come out) and my modded TH-X00. While I am tempted a bit to go higher tier, that usually means needing more expensive equipment setup as well, which may not always be available. I prefer something that I can use in as many places as possible.

If I need to worry about durability, them Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro (built like a tank) and Sennheiser HD650.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #110 of 262
I don't think any 2 headphones could satisfy me forever. 9-10 years ago, I'd have mentioned the Denon AH-D7000 as a keeper for life; however, it probably wouldn't crack my "Top 20" list at this present juncture. Of course, that's taking into account advancements in headphone technology within this particular span of time. Plus, my exposure to the newer crop of headphones, too.

With that being said, in a vacuum, and if I couldn't listen to anything else, I'd have to vote for the Denon AH-D9200 and the Sony MDR-Z1R. Can't live without these 2 gems. :)

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #111 of 262
T1 - HD600

Feb 1, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #112 of 262
Yes it’s a new one, the T1 is also new, the gen 3 sounds very different than the gen 2. Big advantage of the HD 560 S over say the HD 6xx series is comfort and bass extension. It has a neutral almost DT 880 like sound with deeper bass and more forward mids going by memory. It does have the Sennheiser treble still. It scales well too, I did dislike it for a while but once it broke in and the pads got some wear I like it a lot more. It’s a clean fresh neutral sound is the best way I would describe it.

Thanks. I'm in my mid 30s now and not sure if my hearing has changed, so, I need to go back to the drawing board as my silver ears have turned to bronze.

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #114 of 262
Haven't tried that many headphones so my answer may be quite odd, but from the ones that I've tried I would definitely say the E-MU teaks for a more fun sound signature with that beautiful bass and for an open back all rounder I would probably keep the Focal Elexes.

Feb 5, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #115 of 262
Solitaire P and 1266 TC. week after getting the Solitaire P came to the decision that I'm ready to sell off the other headphones so I have the two at the moment. I did order the Solitaire P SE out of curiosity. Really impressed with T+A.

Feb 6, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #116 of 262
SR325e & RS1.

msEcNpzm.jpg
dIn8HvPm.jpg

Feb 6, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #118 of 262
Meze Empyrean & Hifiman Arya :smile_phones:

Feb 6, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #119 of 262
Thanks. I'm in my mid 30s now and not sure if my hearing has changed, so, I need to go back to the drawing board as my silver ears have turned to bronze.
I will need to change my user name? I don't complain about HD800 as I used to. Dome guy in his 20s complain about Focal Clear bring too bright! It's balanced to my old ears. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back