You might like to watch this 20-minute film about Greek audiophiles
Dec 10, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by skaloumbakas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: I see there is a third source to the film from "youtube"...
God, this gets out of hand!!!

Ha ha! You mean, your hobby wasn't out of hand yet?

Aside from the truly wonderful gear and the pleasure you all are getting out of it, I love the looks on the faces of the wives when they find out what kind of money is involved. Priceless!

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:01 AM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by skaloumbakas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since, the film caused a lot of interest, we have prepared an informative page about this.

Wow! I just read the page you prepared and it's just incredible that you guys went out of your way to help Ken do his college work. Kudos to ACA!

Please report here when you get the full movie on-line. I'm dying to watch that.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #48 of 56
mandatory download for all my family and friends who thinks I am crazy (well if not now, probably sometime in the future)
rs1smile.gif

Thanks for the great film! I feel the same way
3000smile.gif

50% electricity maybe too much, I would put it on 30% (yes I did get an electrician to put a dedicated circuit just for the amp and another one for the source so they are no on the same serial network ....am I crazy too ?
280smile.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by John_M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the film producer should have done is put a $1,000 system next to the joke systems, put blindfolds on those guys and see if they could pick out the "cheap and nasty" $1,000 system.

But, but, but double blind testing is flawed!!! You know, the blindfolds, the pressure, uh, uh, tape delay, solar winds...

rolleyes.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, but, but double blind testing is flawed!!! You know, the blindfolds, the pressure, uh, uh, tape delay, solar winds...

rolleyes.gif

lol, solar winds. http://www.nordost.com/Interconnects...solar-wind.htm

Anyway, I think the difference between a 1k system and these would be fairly obvious. $1000 doesnt really get you very much with speakers. Thats why headphones are awesome though, cause the wors you could possibly do is spend 10k on an Orpheus and a couple grand on a DAC and ICs. At this point, no matter how crazy you are, there really is nothing you can do to make the sound better. That point for speakers is much much higher up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back