You might like to watch this 20-minute film about Greek audiophiles
Dec 9, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, nice if you want to watch it again, which I did.
icon10.gif

However, for all of those who can't even watch the video because of bandwidth allowance, here it is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQTnp4nvtw

Tags: audiophile, head-fi

(Give it a few minutes to process.)

Damn they removed it ! I still haven't seen the video.The one on the original website wont work for me either (I can hear it but not see it).

Dec 9, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #32 of 56
Well, shoot, usage violation because of the length. And my first vid as a member of YouTube, too
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'll put it up on a server, temporarily (knowing the Head-Fi community). I also tried some other upload sites, but it was too big.

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't work
mad.gif

Yes it does. There are 5 people downloading right now.

EDIT: Oh, maybe you mean the video doesn't play? It's a .mov file, might want to try QuickTime?

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #36 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it does. There are 5 people downloading right now.

EDIT: Oh, maybe you mean the video doesn't play? It's a .mov file, might want to try QuickTime?

Right click -> Save Target As

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #38 of 56
That was awesome! Great link. Saved it to my harddisk, definitely a good watch.

Quote:

I don't call it research and development, I call it playing and fooling around.

Quote:

"So, that costs more than my car"
"..... yes... that's why I have an old car"

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #39 of 56
next summer when i goto cyprus for my cousints wedding and i stop in greece, i am visiting one of those fellas.

long live ellas!

booyakasha!

im gonna bring some cello music and some layo & bushwacka breakbeats!

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #43 of 56
Mental illness is the only way to describe this behaviour. One of those guys was saying his system cost £200,000. For our friends across the pond, that is about $400,000. The old guy's system cost a mere 220,000 euros ($300,000).

What the film producer should have done is put a $1,000 system next to the joke systems, put blindfolds on those guys and see if they could pick out the "cheap and nasty" $1,000 system.

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #44 of 56
Here is their site

I have long been a fan of reading their website and honestly...as much as some of the sums paid may be outlandish, these guys know what they are talking about and are wonderful to converse with.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #45 of 56
Hi all,

We are very humbled indeed from your nice comments!
tongue.gif

Since, the film caused a lot of interest, we have prepared an informative page about this.

IMHO this page is equally very interesting. There are a lot of pictures, film scenes, links to the "protagonists" audio systems and 2 links for watching the 20 min documentary (just in case one of them gets out of banwidth...). There are also links to discussions in about 20 forum topics all over the world about the film.

http://aca.gr/event06-3.htm

Enjoy

PS: I see there is a third source to the film from "youtube"...
God, this gets out of hand!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back