You know you're hooked when...
Jan 6, 2003 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

heeeraldo

100+ Head-Fier
...you're watching Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Outta My Head" video, and wondering what kind of cans the backup dancers are wearing.

(I think they were CD-xxx - over the head and bulbous silver cups)

what about you?

Jan 6, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
You know you're hooked when...
You're out to dinner or at a party, and all you can think about is getting home to listen to your headphones.

you know you're hooked when. . . you post that message FROM the dinner party.
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #7 of 39
...when you dream and see yourself always listening to headphones, or see yourself naked but wearing headphones.
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2003 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
...when you dream and see yourself always listening to headphones, or see yourself naked but wearing headphones.
biggrin.gif

Now that's an obsession!
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 39
...when the alarm radio goes off in the morning and you pick it up while still half asleep and put it to your ear.
biggrin.gif

and your wife hears you say, "I gotta get a different amp and some Corda cables..."
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2003 at 6:08 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
biggrin.gif

this is no dream, it's a reality when I need to use the bathroom
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2003 at 7:10 AM Post #11 of 39
You know you're hooked when... your brain tries to do a realtime translation from whatever crappy system you're hearing in a movie theater, someone else's car or home stereo speakers to what that song would sound like on your headphone rig at home. (I figure if I get good enough at this, I can sell all my stuff and buy something crappy. Whenever I want you, all I have to do is dream.)

Jan 6, 2003 at 8:17 AM Post #13 of 39
...when one of your New Year's Resolutions is to not spend any money on audio equipment, but you break your resolution on January 4 because you spot a really good deal on some interconnects that you can't pass up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 5:29 AM Post #14 of 39
when you have a mini system in the lavoratory so you can listen to music while doing a #2.

when you have your whole house wired for headphones.

when you insure your ears with Lloyds of London

when you own Sennheiser stock and watch the ticker on tv everday

when you'd rather let your wife drive so that you can listen to music

when instead of putting a silver spoon into your just born child's mouth, you put on him/her a set of headphones

when you have erotic fantasies and dreams of Princess Leia in Stars Wars, and you make sure your wife puts her hair up in a headphone hairdo.

Jan 9, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #15 of 39
LOL!

When everything seems to be going wrong and getting delayed and there doesn't seem to be enough time to do everything and everyone wants you to do something for them...

...all you have to do is think of your newest headphone (or amp or whatever) aquisition and it all seems OK.

I've done that several times
biggrin.gif

Also, when you realize you spend FAR to much time on Head-Fi.

And I'd modify radrd's rule to "Headphoneus Supremus, or >$100 cables, or an expensive CD player, or >2 headphones >$200, or >$500 amp and/or more than 2 amps."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back