You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jul 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #556 of 6,112
You feel hesitant to drop cash on sub 50$ shoes, but when a good deal on (insert headphone name here) pops out, you do not even think twice to grab it asap.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #558 of 6,112
When you spend your entire afternoon converting, organizing, and correctly importing over 500 songs onto your iPhone.

I wish iTunes could support FLAC
frown.gif
It'd make life SO much easier.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #559 of 6,112
Quote:
When you spend your entire afternoon converting, organizing, and correctly importing over 500 songs onto your iPhone.

frown.gif

Ah yes... iTunes is the devil IMO I don't have any apple devices but a really good program for converting audio files is DbPower amp.  
I've spent long  nights getting correct 800x800 or higher res album art one by one lol

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #560 of 6,112
Quote:
Ah yes... iTunes is the devil IMO I don't have any apple devices but a really good program for converting audio files is DbPower amp.  
I've spent long  nights getting correct 800x800 or higher res album art one by one lol

I hear you. I have multiple Apple devices and even then the album art issue can be a bitch. I've even gone so far as to revert FLAC and AIFF to ALAC knowing at least the album art will correct.

YKYAAW the album art on your tunes have to be right.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #561 of 6,112
 Quote:

frown.gif

You should've been on Steam!

Also, 3,400 posts!

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #562 of 6,112
Quote:

frown.gif

Afternoon? Oh wait, I was thinking tagging music rather than importing.

I've been tagging my music for the past week-ish....gah this is painful. It's really hard to find the composers to songs sometimes, especially when you don't have the liner notes. :frowning2:

But yes, FLAC on iTunes would be ooooooh maaah gaaawd so convenient. I don't want to use ALAC, but I guess I can convert to AAC instead since I mostly use my iPhone for mobile listening.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #563 of 6,112
When you try to explain your hobby to your friend using the girlfriend analogy:

Imagine music was your girlfriend...Then headphones are all the different clothes she wears. It's still the same girl just different surprises.

tongue_smile.gif

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #564 of 6,112
Quote:
Afternoon? Oh wait, I was thinking tagging music rather than importing.

I've been tagging my music for the past week-ish....gah this is painful. It's really hard to find the composers to songs sometimes, especially when you don't have the liner notes. :frowning2:

But yes, FLAC on iTunes would be ooooooh maaah gaaawd so convenient. I don't want to use ALAC, but I guess I can convert to AAC instead since I mostly use my iPhone for mobile listening.

I know exactly how that is! It's even worse with classical than it is with other genres because there's no perfect way to deal with having multiple recordings of the same piece by different performers/conductors/orchestras/etc. Do you organize everything by composer? Performer? (I finally listed the composer as the album artist, so all their work shows up under one group on my portable player). And if you want to keep an album with works by multiple composers contiguous? What do you do then? (I have these albums listed under an album artist of Various, a stopgap measure at best). And, of course, all those cheapo albums I had from when I was first starting my collection, which never adequately credited the performances--what do you do with those?

Gah! I avoided properly organizing my classical collection for nearly three years after ripping it all onto my hard drive shortly after getting my first nice headphone. Just before this summer began I finally gritted my teeth and did it. With much help from the Internet and consultation of the liner notes I did have available to me (which were actually incorrect on numerous occasions!), I managed to get it done in about three highly intensive evenings.

Compared to all this, tagging all my non-classical, while time-consuming, was quite simple.

YKYAA when you actually care about any of this, instead of just dumping everything into your library as-is.

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #565 of 6,112
YKYAAW you hate when other people's music libraries are so disorganized. I've seen too many people who have all of their songs imported like "track 17". Guess thats what you get when you rip your library from YouTube.

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #566 of 6,112
YKYAAW you hate when other people's music libraries are so disorganized. I've seen too many people who have all of their songs imported like "track 17". Guess thats what you get when you rip your library from YouTube.

My sister is a perfect example of this, she downloads stuff off of shady file-sharing websites and the Titles of some of her songs are just like "preview 2.2" When she wanted me to back up her stuff I uploaded a screen shot of her library she had a ton of 64kbps files and one that was like 8kbps or something. That's not even acceptable with ogg encoders lol.

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #567 of 6,112
8kbps... That might have been a podcast or something, can't possibly be a song lol

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #568 of 6,112
Quote:
My sister is a perfect example of this, she downloads stuff off of shady file-sharing websites and the Titles of some of her songs are just like "preview 2.2" When she wanted me to back up her stuff I uploaded a screen shot of her library she had a ton of 64kbps files and one that was like 8kbps or something. That's not even acceptable with ogg encoders lol.

That's a nightmare.. Especially when I get jumpy even if only the album art was missing..
tongue.gif

8kbps.. Might have been a ringtone? One of those polyphonic MIDI tunes converted to MP3 or something..

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #569 of 6,112
Lololol you guys are all hopeful that it isn't really that bad but trust me, it's that bad. I found the screen shot of all her nonsense, notice the lack of tags and album art and how the file name is "preview"
Here lol:
http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/dd/dd770822_Capture.PNG

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #570 of 6,112
Ouch. 

I think losing my library would be one of the most devastating things for me, considering how much time I spend organizing and tagging everything. I'm a DJ as well, so I have a ton of notes and bpm's entered in my tags over the years. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back