You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Nov 11, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #3,076 of 6,112
YKYAAW You are super, extremely excited to receive your first pair of planars and are so excited that you are cycling through your current gear to see if you could figure out what would be punched out or be bettered by your set

YKYAAW You see a pair of open headphones out in public and try to hold back some heavy chuckles, but then realize you've already done so :p

YKYAAW the only reason you are excited to ever go to the doctor's office is because there is a Hi-Fi store next door

Oh maan, I can't wait to get my ZMF's in the mail tomorrow, they are going to be so sweeeet!

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #3,079 of 6,112
YKYAAW you create your own audiophile catchphrase and image macro to go with it:

(Anyone who has seen Fate/Zero should get the inside joke.)

YKYAAW you take over a room in a hi-fi show and hijack their $120,000 speaker system with your AK240 and Chord Hugo so you can hear your music over them.

bahaha!

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #3,083 of 6,112
YKYAAW you make an analogy relating to electrostatic, planar magnetic, and dynamic headphones:

Filet mignon is delicate and refined, but I prefer more substantial steak with tasty seasonings, along with the occasional burger.
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #3,084 of 6,112
YKYAAW you make an analogy relating to electrostatic, planar magnetic, and dynamic headphones:

Filet mignon is delicate and refined, but I prefer more substantial steak with tasty seasonings, along with the occasional burger.
tongue.gif

I miss my burgers and steak now. All I've been having are Chicken Nuggets.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #3,086 of 6,112

YKYAAW you wish there was an official audiophile comedian competition and get the feeling that VZ would beat you. XD

That particular joke was actually also truth since I haven't had a proper burger in a while. Food talk now, not audio.

YKYAAW you pass on eating for an hour coz it will wreck the seal on your IEMs.

YAlsoKYAAW you get angry when your growling stomach destroys that aforementioned seal.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #3,087 of 6,112
If there really was an official audiophile comedian competition, nobody would understand our jokes cos the references are all related to not so well known audio stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back