You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Sep 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #841 of 6,113
...When boxes of the same headphone start piling up. When you have a space for all your stuff, takes up a proportion of your space.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #842 of 6,113
You know yo're an audiophile when you came out with pain and tears after seeing how your school EQ the hall speaker but I am not sure if it just not my taste or that's how a hall speaker should EQ-ed to [it really don't at all sound good to my ears!! ]. The mid bass is at +5-8dB boost with the sub-bass turned down to -10dB. Lower mids are pushed so slightly lower than the mid bass then the rest of the mids are all at around negative 6-7dB until highs.. Holly! 16Khz at near max?

Yuck! Should be +5-8dB boost in the subbass, slight boost above 10khz, and neutral everything else!

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #843 of 6,113
  ... When you start tatoeing headphones on your body (not me its from the V-MODA Japan FB page)

YKYAA when you start running out of space on your body for headphone tattoos because you get a tattoo for every headphone you own 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #844 of 6,113
You know yo're an audiophile when you came out with pain and tears after seeing how your school EQ the hall speaker but I am not sure if it just not my taste or that's how a hall speaker should EQ-ed to [it really don't at all sound good to my ears!! ]. The mid bass is at +5-8dB boost with the sub-bass turned down to -10dB. Lower mids are pushed so slightly lower than the mid bass then the rest of the mids are all at around negative 6-7dB until highs.. Holly! 16Khz at near max?

It's probably just a cheap speaker with a lousy frequency response coupled with bad acoustics. Most hallway speaker systems won't have an EQ built in.

YKYAA when you start running out of space on your body for headphone tattoos because you get a tattoo for every headphone you own 
rolleyes.gif

I'd be in trouble...

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #848 of 6,113
YKYAA when you open a drawer in your desk, only to find a mound of speaker wires...

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #849 of 6,113
YKYAA  when all of your cables are braided.

YKYAA when you care about what elemental metal is being used in your cables.

YKYAA when your 3.5mm jack is branded, and is a huge hunk of metal with a designer look. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #852 of 6,113

Lol!

Should have drew on a HD650. That'll still be a top tier headphone, or roundabouts, in 2033

Or better still an Orpheous
wink.gif
  (which is what the HD650's shape came from anyway)

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #853 of 6,113
20 years from now that person is going to regret getting that tattoo. XD

You think it will take that long?
biggrin.gif
 I'm regretting it for him right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back