You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Mar 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #2,176 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when....

...You have all your headphones terminated in 4-pin miniXLR and have adaptors made for all the different types of connections available, if not just in case, because you have gear that uses them all!
...You make the Japanese character for "sound" part of your child's name.

That last line...Only an audiophile would! :wink:

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #2,177 of 6,112
YKYAA when in your Music class the teacher assigns listening homework you actually buy the class cd with all the music on it rather than listening to the free 128kbs files the teacher has online.

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #2,178 of 6,112
So I left a comment on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv014RiqUio

I absolutely love the artists and think their music is great.  But the quality of it went way down when they released their first album.

I left this comment and got a pretty funny response:

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #2,179 of 6,112
I usually hate explaining about my cans or IEMs because people either think they are "too expensive" or recommend Beats "not some small company no one's ever heard of" and I spend ten minutes explaining about how these are brilliant cans/IEMs and it takes ages.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #2,180 of 6,112
I use crap stock gear in public. And when friends laugh at me for using crap gear in comparison to their Beats or Skullcandy's, I then proceed to whip out my sexual IEMs.
biggrin.gif

I like to use MS1's in public 
tongue.gif
 (doesn't block out sound at all)

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,181 of 6,112
I like to use MS1's in public :p  (doesn't block out sound at all)

Yeah, I sometimes find myself rocking my Stax setup in public. It doesn't block out sound at all either, but it does make everyone drop their jaw, and hence silence is produced. :wink:

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #2,182 of 6,112
Yeah, I sometimes find myself rocking my Stax setup in public. It doesn't block out sound at all either, but it does make everyone drop their jaw, and hence silence is produced. :wink:

I'd love to see someone using a Stax in public, got an amp for it in your backpack or anything?
Whenever I would see someone with a Stax I'd run, run like the wind, towards them, going on my knees to listen to them.
I have never heard a Stax before :frowning2:

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #2,184 of 6,112
Just like that kid that brought his 404's and Lambada's to school with his laptop and STAX amp.

Just like that kid. :wink:

I'd love to see someone using a Stax in public, got an amp for it in your backpack or anything?
Whenever I would see someone with a Stax I'd run, run like the wind, towards them, going on my knees to listen to them.
I have never heard a Stax before :frowning2:

I wish I had an amp for it to go in my backpack... :frowning2: If only, haha...

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #2,185 of 6,112
Stax do make portable amps after all 
wink.gif

I wouldn't mind wearing my Stax in public if it wasn't for the lack of isolation and amping requirenments 
cool.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,188 of 6,112
YKAAW when you draw artworks and use tube amps as your picture's primary lighting source.

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #2,189 of 6,112
YKYAAW your friend have to tell you that he learnt about audio files during his computer lesson (I don't take computer).

And its funny how he though he know better than me now... Until I mention about bit rate :D

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #2,190 of 6,112
About the cans in public thing... I wear my XB1000 around all the time and I even sometimes bring an E11 to make the whole thing even more unwieldy(and bassy lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back