You know your working for a bad company when....
Mar 2, 2003 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
In the spirit of the other thread I thought I would start this simalar one.

When they want you to do your work but they put obstacles in your way.

When they hire the old slow people to do the hard jobs.

When your managers are too lazy to do any sort of hard work.

When they change the years old rules to suit them and they get mad at you for not reading their minds. Meaning they change the rules and then don't tell you and get mad and wise when you don't even know about the new rules in the first place!!!

When they want you too work faster and then they make you do other peoples jobs at the same time.

When they send you to do errands and they don't tell the next manager that your even gone. In slick snow to boot!!

When they make you shop for other customers.

When they make you clean crap off the wall!!!!

All of this stuff has happened too me. Some examples more then once.

Mar 2, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 13
Well.

I have to clean the **** of peoples asses.

Then why complain.

Peter
xyxwave.gif

Mar 2, 2003 at 2:22 PM Post #9 of 13
..When you get called into the boss's office to be told that you're moving to a new building further away.

.....the building is entirely made of glass, including the walls inside, you don't even have a cubicle for privacy.

.....a few months later you get called in again. There's been a re-organization. Congratulations! You've been traded to another company!

........You lose those twice-a-year bonuses and the flex time and the relatively rare private health care plan.

.......This new "parent companies" dept which you join is full of mostly temp workers, who feel in no way motivated to work harder, as they receive no incentive.

.......Now you are not only serving your original employer, but the said company you've been traded to as well, the "parent company". Now they're looking to earn more cash, so your services are further outsourced to more companies. One of these new companies has customers who don't speak your language, literally. You're supposed to help them anyway. How, you have no idea.

..........New boss calls you in and proposes that you get traded to a another dept, only vaguely in your job description. No raise in pay, but you get transfered to God knows where, and it costs you more to get there. The reason? There's a bad worker in that dept, and they want to switch you so that they can more closely monitor this worker.

Not me, my husband, and he respectfully declined the last offer.

Mar 2, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #10 of 13
I manage a residential home for the elderly.

You know when you're in a **** job when the local Social Services would rather keep old people in hospital unnecessarily than fund their stay in a home.

You know you're in a **** job when the local authority puts up the fees by 1% and then insists on pedantic and unnecessary standards are met which costs the business thousands.

You know you're in a **** job when one of your resident's has cancer and their doctor doesn't want to waste money on them.

You know you're in a **** job when you spend 6 months intensively looking after someone with advanced dementia and some ****-brained social worker 'persuades' them to move to another (council funded) home during a private consultation.

You know you're in a **** job when the local authority inspection service absorbs a local budget aimed directly at elderly care on their office equipment.

You know you're in a **** job when one of your residents who was in a Japanese prisoner of war camp is refused night medication by their doctor due to cost.

I know, I know - it's difficult when you live in a third-world country like Great Britain but I sometimes think that the only time my local council would be prepared to spend money on my residents is if they were militant lesbian refugee cross-dressers who have been emotionally scarred by being asked to cook a meal for a man.

I pay my staff minimum wage (because I have no choice - they are worth much more). I myself get the same money I got when I was 18 years old (I'm now 40). The company puts all profits (and believe me there isn't much) back into the business - just to keep it viable.

Sorry ...... felt like venting my spleen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back