You know your a head-fier when...
Nov 12, 2005 at 11:20 AM Post #16 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
When you're browsing the Headphones For Sale forum, even though you have all the headphones you need, and your latest purchase is still being shipped by UPS.

Guilty as charged lol. At this point I'm trying to set firm policies on what I will and will not buy in terms of new cans. I've decided to pretty much not buy anything unless I've listened to them first. I've also decided that I really don't need more than two home cans, so I'm not getting another pair until I commit to selling off a pair. I doubt I'll stick to this though, I really do want to listen to the Audio Technica W5000 and the AD2000, but nobody in my area has them. I may just break down in February and buy one of them.

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:24 AM Post #17 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by lee0539
You know your a head-fier...

when people think your crazy to spend more money on headphones then the mp3 player.

when your wallet shrinks everytime your on this forum.

your sig has to be small font because you have too many headphones to fit inside it.

add yours!!
eggosmile.gif

...You start raving about things easily.
lambda.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:05 PM Post #18 of 55
When you ask your cans, what they would like to hear... And they reply... Backstreet boys!
You wake up, thinking my Grado´s would never say that!!!

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #19 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by technetium
When you ask your cans, what they would like to hear... And they reply... Backstreet boys!
You wake up, thinking my Grado´s would never say that!!!

What a horrible nightmare, I would sell my Grado’s instantly.

But I don’t know, if your taste of music is much better. Last I saw youre playlist, there was Aqua with Barbie Girl on it. Shame on you…
blink.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #20 of 55
When you order headphones but first find out if the cable is upgradable!

Nov 12, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #21 of 55
When you still believe the the next headphone, the next amp, the next IC will be the one that really makes a difference.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #23 of 55
.... Your first pair of grado's die, and instead of repairing them, you buy another, more expensive pair!

Nov 12, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #24 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ej82m
When you use your headphones as earmuffs.
redface.gif

Wow, I do that. Holy crap, I do most of the things mentioned here!

hmmmm....

When you realize that your interconnect cost more than the amp its connected too.

When you take naked pictures of headphone amps.

Nov 12, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #25 of 55
- when you notice that you haven't used your latest phones for a week because you did not receive the cable you're going to mod them with yet
- when you're calculating your storage needs in fractions of at least 100GB or more
- when you're not buying a DAP since "it doesn't do lossless"
- when you receive a package from TURBO and wonder whether high-tech supply items going to warzones are packed with as much care.

Nov 12, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #26 of 55
When you post in this thread anything.
icon10.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #27 of 55
When you don't use new phones until they've had a week to burn in!

Nov 12, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #29 of 55
- When you missed your car payment because you just HAD to buy those new cans.

- When your wife threatens to kill you if you tell her you're thinking about buying [product]. So next time, you just don't tell her.

- When you spot people wearing cans from a block away and know exactly what they are... "why would that guy want to buy Sony MDR-NC6 cans?"

- When you call headphones "cans".

- When you go to a store that sells headphones and one store clerk says to the other "hey! that's the guy!"

- When you go to a store that sells headphones and a store clerk says to you "hey! [you're name]."

Nov 12, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by lee0539
You know your a head-fier...

...when you automagically read that as "you know you're a head-fier".
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back