You know how frustrated I am right now?
Sep 5, 2008 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
I got just a pair of Grado SR225 from the FS forums, but I have no 1/4-to-1/8 adapter for my iPod! I've asked at least 13 people on all four floors of this dorm area, and nobody has one!
mad.gif

And I only have $5 in my wallet, so embarrassingly enough, right now I don't even have enough to buy an adapter from Radioshack.
frown.gif

I wanted to write up a comparison of the KSC75 and SR225 tonight, but I don't think that's gonna happen for awhile....

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 17
Haha you guys think that's bad, I won't even have anything to hook up the incoming Little Dot I+ to for awhile...no source, you see.
redface.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 17
Ouch! When I got my SR225's I got them to throw in the adapter for free! The only problem is the one I got doesn't go well with my ipod in it's case. I've ordered the Grado adapter which looks like it will fit much better
smily_headphones1.gif

If you weren't 5000 miles away I'd send you an adapter, but it'd take 2 weeks to get there haha.

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #7 of 17
Don't know why everyone doesn't just use minijacks anyway...

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by spronkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know why everyone doesn't just use minijacks anyway...

minijacks have a tendency to break more easily than 1/4 inch jacks. A bigger chance of getting an intermittent connection

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got just a pair of Grado SR225 from the FS forums, but I have no 1/4-to-1/8 adapter for my iPod! I've asked at least 13 people on all four floors of this dorm area, and nobody has one!
mad.gif

And I only have $5 in my wallet, so embarrassingly enough, right now I don't even have enough to buy an adapter from Radioshack.
frown.gif

I wanted to write up a comparison of the KSC75 and SR225 tonight, but I don't think that's gonna happen for awhile....

Reminds me of the time when I purchased my DAC, drove home and discovered that the PSU was not included in the package.

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reminds me of the time when I purchased my DAC, drove home and discovered that the PSU was not included in the package.

Lol! That almost happened to someone buying an amp off me. I passed him the amp with all the packaging and we were just wondering what was missing. Took a good 5 mins to figure out the PSU wasn't there.

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #12 of 17
I'm missing a 1/8-1/4 adapter right now to test the ppav2 I built...
I don't have easy transportation, so any time I decide to go out and get one, something always gets in the way. =(

Sep 5, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #13 of 17
I have three grado adaptors for differing areas around the house!
Can testify that they are indeed great adaptors!

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #14 of 17
Yar, go figure, I left my Grado adapter at home, and I don't even have a use for it over there since I have only Stax stuff back there.

I've contacted my pal M3NTAL to see if he could hook me up with something for the poor mule that's only worth $5 right now.
redface.gif

Glad you guys could sooth my feelings and both sympathize and laugh at me simultaneously.
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #15 of 17
you think you are angry?
I got my W1000, and no adapter to 3.5mm.
for 300 pounds headphones... cmon!?!
so i decide to go and buy one. maplin (uk version of radioshack) had none!!!
so i had to wait a full week, with the beautiful cherry wood taunting me from the side of the room.
I feel for you man, i really do.
they should make it illegal to sell them without the damn connector, the torture is just too damn much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back