You have to be kidding me!
Jul 1, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #16 of 27
When is meizu putting out their phone doo dad looka like thing? I'm still debating on the iPhone, we didn't sell out in NC yet. I was going to buy a couple and put them on ebay to make my money back, but it looks like they have calmed down a lot from last night and this morning. (1200-900 this morning to 700-600 now.)

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hilarious.

Even funnier to see the podophiles get all defensive and protect their holy Apple.
If Microsoft put out a music phone and it had a flaw like that they would stinking CRUCIFY it (just do a search for "Zune" at iLounge).

wow... hold on there popeye.... I for one am not in any way shape or form defending Apple. I dont really like ipods.... noything really against apple, more that their features dont align with my values. However, in my oppinion, to return a media player-cam-phone only because it needs an adapter would be foolish... ESPECIALLY since many other media player-cam-phones also need an adapter.

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't take it back, sell it on ebay for hundreds more.

You do realize that they Apple stores everywhere have them in stock?

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotsoda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do realize that they Apple stores everywhere have them in stock?

Well they were going on ebay from 900 - 1200 dollars, so some people don't know that.

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Hilarious.

Even funnier to see the podophiles get all defensive and protect their holy Apple.
If Microsoft put out a music phone and it had a flaw like that they would stinking CRUCIFY it (just do a search for "Zune" at iLounge).

no apple defender here (although i am an ipod user and my wife has one of their "toy" computers
evil_smiley.gif
)...

my point was that why would any manufacturer include something in their packaging that maybe .1% of the buyers are actually going to use? my unstated point was "someone just spent 5-600 dollars and they are griping about a 9 dollar accessory?"...

a better gripe (and this wouldn't be unique to apple) is why can't anyone include a decent case with daps/phones? at least that is something most everyone needs...

actually, i'm annoyed at apple, because they tied it to at&t, which has woeful service around me...

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #22 of 27
Sorry. I am normally not so mean.
It's just that for some reason this ranks right up there with watching Paris Hilton get hauled off to jail in tears as the year's best guilty pleasure.

Also - wasn't talking about you Kramer.

Jul 1, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherlen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When is meizu putting out their phone doo dad looka like thing? I'm still debating on the iPhone, we didn't sell out in NC yet. I was going to buy a couple and put them on ebay to make my money back, but it looks like they have calmed down a lot from last night and this morning. (1200-900 this morning to 700-600 now.)

They (Meizu) already have. I give you, Meizu M8:
2ec74d9969.jpg

Jul 2, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully they will make the adapters with a mic, so you can use it as a hands free device with your IEMs. So if you get the right adapter it can actually be an advantage. Thats what I've done...

Care to share some details on how you accomplished that? If I'm seeing the picture correctly, it appears you have a mic/adapter allowing you to use your IEM's as a hands free headset with the phone. Would love to know the specifics if you've got the time.

Jul 3, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Sorry. I am normally not so mean.
It's just that for some reason this ranks right up there with watching Paris Hilton get hauled off to jail in tears as the year's best guilty pleasure.

Also - wasn't talking about you Kramer.

LOL thats alright mate... np!!

Jul 3, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Care to share some details on how you accomplished that? If I'm seeing the picture correctly, it appears you have a mic/adapter allowing you to use your IEM's as a hands free headset with the phone. Would love to know the specifics if you've got the time.

Thats all it is.... a 18" adapter cable that I plug my IEMs into. The adapter has a small mic, so it allows me to talk on the phone with my IEMs. So its hands-free, but NOT wireless. I use it all the time with my wife at the mall (GAG) and she can't tell any difference.

Its a $15 acccessory on the verizon www site, but it only works with certain phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back