"You have sent your daily allotment of 2 messages"
Apr 1, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #17 of 107
Hello,

As I am new member in this forum and have not done any posts yet (even read tons of valuable post made by others...), but now got a problem by "Allotment 2PM" message. I have sent PM to one other member and got answer too, but I cannot send my asnswer to him due to this message of 2PM - What I cand (or should) do to be able to respond to PM now?

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 107
Sadly your only opinion is to wait out 24hours until the "day" rolls over. Remember that Head-Fi might not not be operating on the same timezone as yours. My suggestion is to try and communicate via email or something until you have built up a bigger post count and have more PM allotments.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #19 of 107
mainly to get my post count up:wink:..... In my opinion its terrible spam protection method. I understand limiting initial pm's, but can't understand limiting responses.... I pm'd 2 people with a request for some help relating to my um3x's(both cases I tried to address their specific posts on threads) and 1 of the people responded. Not realizing that the pm quota included responses, I have to wait till "tommorow"(local time I pm'd yesterday).....If a person wants to mass spam that badly I don't think this particular method will stop them, auto signup programs/scripts exist where at most its requires proxies and typing in verification images. I'm sure there's simpler methods of accomplishing spam filtering more efficiently; block tinyurl/ect in pm's, compare messages, keyword/url blocks, report spam button.....

Jun 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #23 of 107

Quote:
I think that just 2 messages is a little harsh, if it was at least 5 or 10 messages a day...

Yea while I'm like at 1500 posts so it won't concern me, I definitely think 2 messages is way too harsh should be AT LEAST 5.

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #26 of 107
you need a larger post count.. pms seem to be limited by how many posts you have as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back