"You have sent your daily allotment of 2 messages"
Jul 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #63 of 107
I have just received a reply to one of my PM's I sent where I was asking for advice on my rig. I spent 15 minutes proofing the reply, and just as I hit send I got the horrifying  "You have sent your daily allotment of 2 messages". Grr.

Is there a way that once starting a convo by PM, you can keep that 'channel' open without boundaries? As in; we're limited to starting 2 conversations a day, but once the conversation has started, and both parties have replied,  we can talk within that mini-thread for as long as you like. If one party wants to terminate that thread, they just delete it from their inbox (spam proof).

It's incredibly frustrating having to wait 24h to reply to a simple PM.

Also, can someone clarify the milestones needed for increased PM allowances?

Eg.
0 - 25 posts = 2 pm/day
25 - 50 posts = 5pm/day
50 - 100 posts = 10pm/day
100 - 200 posts = 50pm/day
200+ = unlimited

Is there anything like that in place?

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #65 of 107
I am hitting the 2 per day limit after only one PM.  I am trying to purchase something from a seller who did not post an email.  I am pretty sure I will miss out on the item.  Since I mainly lurk, I hate posting lamely to increase my count, but I guess I will do a few "me too" contributions to some threads....

BTW, I have been a member since '07 and still have a limit.  Would be great to be grandfathered in.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #66 of 107
I agree with this. I understand to cut down on spam but maybe it should be limited to 5 because it is frustrating when you need to purchase something. HIIII everyone btw, noobie here

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #68 of 107

Quote:
Hi all!

I am receiving this message ("You have sent your daily allotment of 2 messages") after sending even a single PM - what might be the cause??

new members are limited from sending PM's

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #70 of 107
Joe, it happened for me two times - I send a PM, receive a reply  - and then, when I am trying to reply, I am getting this message that I trespassed  the limit of  2 messages - though I have sent only one message, not two.

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #72 of 107
This "2 PM" thing a day is pretty frustrating and incredibly limiting but I do understand where it's coming from. Not here to complain about it though.

Trying to make contact with a seller after purchasing something in the "For Sale/Trade Forum" and it's giving me the usual can't send any more PMs "today." The thing is in the past couple of days I've only sent 1 PM and that was yesterday regarding the sale. The person PMed me back and from previous experiences; I think receiving a PM takes up 1 of the 2...could someone clarify this for me? Also it's saying I can't send anymore today even though I didn't send/receive any today...

It prompts me to "Please remove 1 recipient from the 'To:'' line." even though there's only the 1 person I'm trying to contact in the to line.

Maybe something's messed up specifically with my account?

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #74 of 107

Quote:
Also, can someone clarify the milestones needed for increased PM allowances?

Eg.
0 - 25 posts = 2 pm/day
25 - 50 posts = 5pm/day
50 - 100 posts = 10pm/day
100 - 200 posts = 50pm/day
200+ = unlimited

Is there anything like that in place?

Could an administrator please answer this question?  Clarification has been requested several times in this thread, with no answers.

Thank you.

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #75 of 107
As a new member, I concur...the thresholds would be nice to know.

It's very frustrating but is what it is.  I'm new to this entire headphone thing and have been reading, reading and more reading on this site then get ready to buy something only to hit a PM limit wall.

Eh, I'll cope however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back