You guys weren't kiddin'
Aug 12, 2005 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bowlofjokes

Head-Fier
I came here innocently for some reviews on the new headroom desktop. I thought it would be a nice all around solution for me. Then I see there are many, many solutions for me. By the time I figure what i want the next generation will already be out. I don't want to follow that dark upgrade path I once walked in stereo mania feverville. I'm so paralyzed from options i can't even make a headphone choice..........I need light from above to guide me.

Aug 12, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys
I prefer to think of this hobby as an illness. At least thats what I tell my friends it is.

BILL

That's pretty good...it is a type of suffering. Our minds have an idea of the ideal sound we'd like to get...doesn't exist but we try for it anyway.

one way to approach the problem is to work on the headphones and source first...and do the amp last. I've fixed on the Senn's hd-650's with the Benchmark dac1. Right now I use an old Fisher 400 as the headphone amp. It's very nice. I'm waiting for another meet to go to, so I can try various amps out. I'm not into churning amps, sources, cables, and headphones. And realize too, that no matter what combination you get, someone won't like it!
Noel

Aug 12, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm about to wing myself off the upgradeitus credo of headfi and have only one amp for home and one for portable. 3 sets of cans; 1 IEM, 1 over-ear sealed, and 1 open for home.
That's it... I can't take anymore!!!

Figure out what you need and what you want and try and meet in the middle!

better yet just take rreynol's advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back