You guys were right, KSC35's rule
Feb 13, 2004 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dmcmusic

New Head-Fier
Just got my KSC 35's today from Koss ($29 total shipped with ANNIVERSARY code)

When I first some them I couldn't believe how light and flimsy looking they are and how uncomforable those clips looked.

I had been trialing the PX100's and KSC 50's. Both are good phones on their own when you don't A/B them . (I had to give the edge to the 50's just the fit was wrong)

I was surprised how comfortable these KSC 35's were compared to the big fishing weights the 50's are hanging on your ears. the 35's are more detailed too for some reason and not as boomy as I thought they'd be, nicely balanced. The 50's were a little brighter, but the sound changed as they moved when you head moved.

They do leak as you mentioned. So much that so that its just as loud on the outside as it is on the inside! I tried putting them backwards (clip side) against my ears and they sound like regular headphones. But hey all open cans leak anyways, I am really glad I got these due to comfort and sound.

I highly recommend you pick up a pair while you can still get them.

Now that I've tried the PX100's, I am really curious about the PX200's for the isolation/improved sound factor as I'm sure they're more comfortable that canal phones.
Darrrn.

Feb 14, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 9
The KSC35's are one of the best things you'll ever hang on your ears, and almost everybody loves these little darlings.

Feb 14, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 9
I love mine too, too bad they are ugly as hell.
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 9
Yeah but I can't tell the difference with the lights out
wink.gif
Performance matters...

The wire is a heavier gage with these 35's than the Px100's, very nice as these don't get tangled, plus a gold plug.

Too bad they didn't have the gumby flexy rubber clips like the ksc 50's .

Do these benefit from burn in? Should I b urn them in with my PC or hook them up to my techniques receiver (ie. An amp) Not sure if that was ever specified in the faq.

Going to run them overnight playing Yellow's "Oh Yeah..." song.

Feb 14, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #7 of 9
I ordered mine on monday and they still arent here
mad.gif
. I am leaving for vegas tommarow and I really wanted them by then. Looks like ill be lugging around my grados to vegas
frown.gif
As of right now I am extremey dissapointed about Koss' shipping department.

Feb 14, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Hey I was just reading through and I just happend to read ojnihs sig. I listen to all the artists on your sig.....just wanted to mention that since its not so often that you see someone that listens to metal, jazz, and hip hop like I do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back