Jul 20, 2007 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sugano-san

1000+ Head-Fier
...to work in a tax office, French doctors say:

Story!

0,1020,923402,00.jpg

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

He is married with two children and works in the tax office -- which is perhaps not the most "taxing" of jobs.

3000smile.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 11
Whoa, a big "What" here. They said that guy's IQ was about 75 but he isn't considered mentally disabled or whatever. Isn't the average dumb IQ around 60-70?

Jul 20, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That being France, the concept of "work" is different from the rest of the world.

SNAP!

I suppose what happened is that this man's remaining neurons and synapses have rewired themselves and become ultra-specialized for doing what he does in his work and daily life, allowing him to function. But when something out of the ordinary like an IQ test is administered, the problem shows itself because there's just not enough processing power.

Even though it appears to outsiders that he is functioning normally, we can't really be sure that is true with such profound brain tissue loss, and it probably has effects and implications that we're not aware of yet.

I wonder if his consciousness has degraded at all? Sure, he seems to function normally enough, but I seriously wonder if his actual awareness has been affected, and what's left is just running on autopilot.

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 11
This picture comes to my mind...
tongue.gif

homer-brain.jpg

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 11
Crystal: "Did you know that we only use six percent of our brains?"

Rosanne: "That much, huh?"

BTW, I remember reading years ago that Ringo Starr has an IQ of 75.

Laz

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Well the idea of not needing a brain can be true in various circumstances.

The movie Being There (1979) is about a proper dressed gentleman with the right mannerisms and appearance and he was elevated in his society despite being an idiot.

it also helps if you’re born in the right family and right environment and you follow along with the proper protocol.

I have a cousin who is basically a moron BUT she knows how to dress right and she has the perfect public manners and people think she’s a genius or valid in her ways and is well respected.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing though as long as you have the right intentions.

Apr 2, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #11 of 11
The movie Being There (1979) is about a proper dressed gentleman with the right mannerisms and appearance and he was elevated in his society despite being an idiot.

Peter Sellers best performance? An endearing film showing how people often only see what they want to see, and when he attracts the attention of prominent people how others respond to him for their own ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back