You CAN'T make stuff like this up!!
Sep 7, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
Like windows? Crazy.

If anything there should be more public nudity. Nothing wrong with that... excepting those pics of Tyll and Nikongod.. *shudder*

it causes alot of car accidents, happens all the time when there is a nude women.

Sep 7, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
I am surprised the coach still has a job. Whether it is illegal or not, you would think that an NFL coach would have some high standards to uphold, but then again the Lions don't have any standards.

It will be very interesting to see what comes of this.

About 12 years ago, then University of Michigan Head Football Coach Gary Moeller was arrested for drunk & disorderly at one of the nicer local restaurants. He was videotaped while detained by the police, and the tape found its way onto the evening news. In it, he was alternating between shouting obscenities and sobbing. There was no way that he could have been anything but the butt of endless bad jokes after that. Given his position - Head Football Coach at Michigan is a very high profile position - and the embarassment that he had visited on the university, the regents felt like they had no alternative but to fire him (though he may actually have resigned on his own...my memory fails me at the moment).

I felt awful for the man, whom I'd met when I was a young punk working at the golf course at U-M...he always struck me as a good guy. I tend to think that this is one of those cases where someone who is not accustomed to drink gets in WAY over his head before he knows what's going on and turns into a loud and obnoxious drunken idiot. I know a lot of folks who have fallen into that trap, and Coach Moeller had not been known before nor has he been known since as a man with an alcohol problem. He made a big and highly public mistake and paid a heavy price for it.

I have to wonder whether the owner of the Lions - William Clay Ford - will feel similarly compelled to cut this coach loose. This is worlds and away more embarassing IMHO. I mean, Coach Moeller was an obnoxious drunk for a night, but this guy...who the hell KNOWS what goes on in HIS head.
eek.gif

A bit of irony: Gary Moeller was actually fired as interim Head Coach of the Lions by current GM Matt Millen when he joined the club.

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #18 of 22
"These incidents represent a mistake in judgment on my part."

You think?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #19 of 22
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS99/60907026

This is my favorite line:

Quote:

A burger joint drive-thru worker called police after Lions assistant coach Joe Cullen allegedly pulled his SUV up to the window and placed an order while naked.

Lions assistant coach Joe Cullen’s nakedness behind the wheel was first reported by a burger joint drive-thru worker, who called police after a nude man in an SUV pulled up to his window.

The worker, who took down Cullen’s license plate number, told Dearborn officers after the late-night incident on Aug.-24 that “the suspect did nothing obscene, other than being naked at the drive-thru.”

and....

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS99/60907032

Apparently, he's been suspended for the home opener. Check out this quote:

Quote:

Cullen met with the defensive linemen Wednesday.

“He was just like, ‘This is what happened. I apologize,’" defensive end Kalimba Edwards said. “He was real professional about it.”

Uh...yeah...REAL professional!!
eek.gif

and...

Quote:

The defensive linemen insisted they could see Cullen the same way they had before....

Somehow I doubt it....
eek.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #20 of 22
This is not a good omen for our poor Lions this year....
frown.gif

But us Lions fans are a loyal bunch!
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 9:11 AM Post #22 of 22
So does the sight of a person driving their car butt naked actually warrant calling the cops?
[forgetting the drunk driving issue for a moment]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back