You are Time Magazine's Person of The Year.
Dec 20, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #16 of 23
This is totally idiotic. "You," the person of the year? The whole point of the "person of the year" is to distinguish a single person who has affected the world most significantly, for better or for worse. Sure, with the advent of the internet, it is becoming easier and easier for "you," the no-name person on the street, to influence increasingly more people with less effort. But that's not the point. That is a social trend, not an accomplishment. The whole point of the person of the year is to single out an individual's effect, not a collective of many - that's how it's been for the past how many decades that Time magazine has existed. Of course, it's not in my position to dictate what interpretation that editors of the magazine should have for their award. But in my view, their moronic, if not thoughtless, choice for the "person of the year" totally devalues every choice they have made in preceding years, and invalidates every choice they may make in the future.

Dec 21, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Utter lazyness on Times part. Ironically Time has really lost its appeal and relevance from the rise of the internet, and this is just a lame attempt from Time to try and fight back.

do you have any proof?

Dec 21, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #21 of 23
Ugh....I hate how Time picks groups of people for "Person of the Year".

They should only pick ONE person every year. I disliked it when they had "The Military", "The Whistleblowers", and "Gate, Bono, etc" as "Person of the Year".

This is a new low. They could of picked the founder of YouTube...

....or the N64 kid
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back