You are Time Magazine's Person of The Year.
Dec 20, 2006 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

puiah11

500+ Head-Fier
1101061225400aq2.jpg

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 23
AT first I thought it was really dumb

But the more I look at it, it kinda makes sense. The whole "You Tube" thing, and all that other interactive blogs etc etc

Dec 20, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 23
Pretty pathetic, actually.

Dec 20, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 23
Wait. Time skipped over the huge shift in the American political climate, the mass illegal immigrant marches, the collapse of the US occupation of Iraq, the nuclearization of a rogue state, the democratic election of a terrorist group in Palestine, etc. to choose YouTube/Blogs...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait. Time skipped over the huge shift in the American political climate, the mass illegal immigrant marches, the collapse of the US occupation of Iraq, the nuclearization of a rogue state, the democratic election of a terrorist group in Palestine, etc. to choose YouTube/Blogs...
rolleyes.gif

1. Old news -- it's been shifting for some time. What are you going to do, call out that pedophile? The straw that broke the camel's back?

2. Not massive. Complete, utter lack of any impact on anything. Ignored entirely by everyone who doesn't belong to the ACLU.

3. Five years in the making.

4. Assuming you're talking about Ahmedinejad, he was actually "runner up", if you will, according to a Time spokesperson. As for Kim Jong Il, he still hasn't successfully tested a weapon and he's been at that crap for quite some time.

5. Uhhh, where's the person/group in that who has made a huge impact? More of the same does not consitute a change, sir.

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 23
eh Marvin, wake me up when something new happins in geopolitics.

If one believes "you" is insignificant, perhaps they're too young to remember different.

It may be a little late, but Time is right. "You" is huge. It is changing the way we live.

Dec 20, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eh Marvin, wake me up when something new happins in geopolitics.

If one believes "you" is insignificant, perhaps they're too young to remember different.

It may be a little late, but Time is right. "You" is huge. It is changing the way we live.

It's not the who that I have problems with. It's the why.

Dec 20, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 23
While I get the point they're making, I think they could have made it effectively in another forum, while using this one more traditionally. I think it's a bit of a cop-out, when you have perhaps the most well-known forum to highlight your choice of the most important/influential/etc. person for a given time frame, only to be so indecisive as to pick nobody in particular. It's a bit like giving an MVP award to the whole sports league, because you didn't want to bother actually making a potentially tough decision. Now I'm pretty sure that's not the reason they made this "choice" for the magazine, but that is the impression it leaves.

Dec 20, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #13 of 23
Utter lazyness on Times part. Ironically Time has really lost its appeal and relevance from the rise of the internet, and this is just a lame attempt from Time to try and fight back.

Dec 20, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am putting this down as one of my "achievements" on my resume.

lol. Unfortunately, you won't distinguish yourself very much as we will all have such entries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back