YOU are the reason I can't buy my 26" widescreen
Sep 4, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 25
well, if the 19" TV still works and you don't use it that much, spend it on headphones and happily listen away!
smily_headphones1.gif
But if you really watch alot of TV and think you need a new 26" LCD, hold off on any further purchases for a while..

Sep 4, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #17 of 25
Thanks ought to be given.

Suppose you bought a new TV... and then you take it home and the picture is just OK...

Then you realize you need a new DVD player - $200 or so
Then you need a HD box (assuming you do not have on already) - $9 / month
Then you need those new cables - like HDMI - $50+ per output
Then you need an upgraded surge protector - $99
Incidentals - $100

Man, Head-fi stinks when you trying to kick the habit but in light of other hobbies/habits head-fi saved you $450+

Your welcome.
k1000smile.gif

Sep 4, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 25
TVs get cheaper all the time.
wink.gif
You can get one for less probably around end of the year.

Congrats on the new acquisistions.

Sep 4, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih
Thanks ought to be given.

Suppose you bought a new TV... and then you take it home and the picture is just OK...

Then you realize you need a new DVD player - $200 or so
Then you need a HD box (assuming you do not have on already) - $9 / month
Then you need those new cables - like HDMI - $50+ per output
Then you need an upgraded surge protector - $99
Incidentals - $100

Man, Head-fi stinks when you trying to kick the habit but in light of other hobbies/habits head-fi saved you $450+

Your welcome.
k1000smile.gif

Add to that, you then realize that you need SPEAKERS! $$$$$$
Wheres the fun in watching movies without surround sound and big boom?

Sansa e270 + PA2v2, nice!
Im thinking of gettin the same combo too.

Everyone tells me not to spend my money on audio gear, but when you want something better than the current, you just gotta go get it for that sound quality.

Sep 4, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #20 of 25
Really what you need to do is work 80 hours per week and sell all your non-audio belongings, rent out a storage unit, and begin to live in there. From there, building a tower of power is easy. Good luck!

Sep 4, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 25
Just wait until you discover the world of IC's and Power Cords. THEN, you'll be putting off getting a CAR or a HOME for your audio purchases. I'm thinking that one measure of someone's involvement in Head-Fi is the importance of the things they PUT OFF buying because they're spending their money on audio items. At this point, you're getting off easy - that it's just a TV you're putting off buying. But in any case, we're glad to be of help. And you can be confident that we'll still be here for you the next time a strange urge to buy something other than audio gear comes over you.
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I would recommend you upgrade to the K1000's instead.

Indeed. In my expert opinion, the best advice for a new member is to purchase K1000's for home use and UE-10 Pro's for portable use. It's cheaper in the long run.

Sep 5, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
On Friday, we'll be having a funeral for the buzz you just killed.

rofl. thanks again guys. happy with my purchases, awaiting the others... and looking for new ones to replace the old ones with!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back