"You are over your limit for posting this forum. Please check back later"
Jun 6, 2011 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jimmy-Jack

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Been smashing my head against a wall trying to post a simple WTB ad and, after getting a little sore, I checked the support pages... There I found that others are having similar and in some cases, the exact same problem and are getting no responses from the tech support part of the site. So... I decided to post the issue here. Apologies if I'm out of place, but I saw no better option.

Specifically, the problem is: When attempting to create a new for sale or WTB listing, I get the following message:
"You are over your limit for posting this forum. Please check back later"
Ain't no way I'm over any limit; the first time I attempted to post the ad, I hadn't been logged on to any part of the site for something like a month... Since then I've tried letting a day or so go by before trying again but neither this nor using my computer from work make a difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And while I'm at it, I'd be curious to know if others are having the following issue: Navigation of this site, with all the scripts it wants to run before loading the interesting part of a page, is right on the limit taking so long that it is border line not worth waiting for. I'm not kidding; it's literally slower than the days of dial up, and this is with a really fast connection. The situation is marginally better if navigating the site via my computer at work, but it is still much slower than any other site I frequent. Yes, going through the proxify.com web site, using their default settings which turn off all scripts will completely solve the issue. But this is not particularly kosher, as it also deletes the ads from sponsors, so its sort of like stealing, and makes logging in and posting impossible. Is there something I need to reconfigure in my internet navigation options? Again, any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and again apologies if this was not the place to bring up the issue.

J.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 4
lbj & sidel,

Thanks for pointing that out. It makes perfect sense; the buy/sell part of the site is a service to contributing members of the site; I have no problem with that principle. Obviously I did not take the time to read the FAQ; it might be good if the pop up message gave that info or at least directed users to the FAQ.

I'd definitely contribute more often to the site if navigation were not so cumbersome; since I don't hear anyone else whining about it, I'll conclude this issue is specific to me... Maybe its because I'm in France or maybe it has something to do with the AVG antivirus software I use, though it poses zero problem with other sites; at work they use Norton and like I said, navigation of HeadFi from there is a little faster but still pretty slow. As it is, I have to carefully plan all navigation of the site or do something else in parallel while pages load.

Thanks again,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back