YoTank Imod case almost here
Jun 1, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 64
Being run over by a car seems like a neat advertisement... but it won't happen very often to you.

Like Cap'n said above - it's the deceleration (airbag
wink.gif
) that counts. And the YoTank certainly has no buffer zone. A leather or silicone case is much safer for dropping accidents. Which obviously happen a lot more than your cool toy in a cool YoTank being run over by a cool Hummer...

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #18 of 64
Quote:

Like Cap'n said above - it's the deceleration (airbag ) that counts. And the YoTank certainly has no buffer zone. A leather or silicone case is much safer for dropping accidents. Which obviously happen a lot more than your cool toy in a cool YoTank being run over by a cool Hummer...

But the Yocase will probably stop buttets and the like...
None of the other cases can do that :)

Honestly this whole case thing is simply for style reasons. I have never let any of my DAPs fall down since I do take good care of my stuff.

So, the Yocase is more for keeping the iPod mostly scratch free. It is a little exessive way of protecting it but it looks so cool.

I also like the fact that you can add the little hooker.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #19 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those things look idiotic, and will make the player more easily damaged by falls than it would be in any other case. simply stupid

You should learn some manners, Captain Odegard. Boleman is posting something that many people are interested in, and if you don't like what you see, you should learn to be more respectful (and more mature) and just move on. No need to be rude.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #20 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should learn some manners, Captain Odegard. Boleman is posting something that many people are interested in, and if you don't like what you see, you should learn to be more respectful (and more mature) and just move on. No need to be rude.

Ive seen people before who was rather interested in the ZVM version of that thing and actually believed it's good protection (not counting cars, nukes, bullets or any other similar accidents), so it's important to let people know it's just BS. here in norway, that site would have been stopped long ago for false advertisment.
Oh, and this is a forum, and my opinion is that that thing looks stupid and the facts are that it's not good protection, so there :p

Jun 1, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 64
Quote:

...here in norway, that site would have been stopped long ago for false advertisment.

What exactly is falsely advertised? Have you gone to their website and read it over? Obviously not by the comments you've been making...because they are very rugged cases, and that's all they advertise.

Definition of Rugged: (http://www.meriam-webster.com/dictionary/rugged : as a source of definition)
"strongly built or constituted"

Jun 1, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #22 of 64
maybe he should stick to sites only in Norway since he obviously has issues with ones here?????

Jun 1, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #24 of 64
Quote:

those things look idiotic, and will make the player more easily damaged by falls than it would be in any other case. simply stupid

I) The look is the only reason I got one for my 5G iPod (soon to be iModed...
wink.gif
)

2) You are right about the false sense of security toward impact.

3) Do I feel stupid for having bought one? Not realy since I will buy one for my 4G iMod.

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Amicalement

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see, I was hoping for a brush finished so it would match the LaRocco PRII.
frown.gif

if you'd like we can make one with a brushed finish for ya.
rs1smile.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #27 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hummm.....is this the birth of a real option?

Amicalement

It may be... We'll have to see how much interest we have for that finish. I'll talk to the owner about it and see what he says.

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #28 of 64
Quote:

Ive seen people before who was rather interested in the ZVM version of that thing and actually believed it's good protection (not counting cars, nukes, bullets or any other similar accidents), so it's important to let people know it's just BS. here in norway, that site would have been stopped long ago for false advertisment.
Oh, and this is a forum, and my opinion is that that thing looks stupid and the facts are that it's not good protection, so there :p

What exactly is falsely advertised? We advertise our cases as being rugged and tough, which they are. Also they are lined with felt on the inside for some shock absorbtion. Don't think its just bouncing around inside there on metal, because that really would be idiotic. We've done lots of testing with these cases and they are well thought out designs.

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #29 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also they are lined with felt on the inside for some shock absorbtion. Don't think its just bouncing around inside there on metal, because that really would be idiotic. We've done lots of testing with these cases and they are well thought out designs.

If I may, (even if that quote was not directed toward me) I just want to clarify my own prior satement related to this point:

Quote:

2) You are right about the false sense of security toward impact.

The present iPod HD technology weakness cant be totaly resolved by ANY cases. Simple as that. You have to take the entire responsability for your usage of that toy.

Amicalement

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #30 of 64
Quote:

If I may, (even if that quote was not directed toward me) I just want to clarify my own prior satement related to this point:

The present iPod HD technology weakness cant be totaly resolved by ANY cases. Simple as that. You have to take the entire responsability for your usage of that toy.

Amicalement

No, it wasnt directed at anyone, it was just a general statement to try to clarify things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back