Yo Yo Ma "Bach Cello Suites" album
Jun 10, 2011 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chris_Himself

Member of the Trade: HPL Audio Cables
If you ever wanted WARMTH through your headphones, this is quite an album to experience. The first song off this album through any of my cans from the silvered HD580's, to the forward treble Grados sound so warm. You can literally feel the resonation of sound in the cello bodies in your head!

I normally listen to metal, lead guitarist solo albums, anything with a really "hot" distorted, bright treble sound. I listen to a lot of John Williams (pretty much the Star Wars soundtracks) and Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings) as well, but this Yo Yo Ma album particularly moved me so much that I had to post!

Thanks for taking the time to read! Just a little rant from me about what I'm listening to at the moment =)

Another great song is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI6zLayBeJQ

*wipes a tear*

By the way I've been on head-fi for like 5 years now, it's crazy to think I was 17 when I started this hobby! I started listening to trance and over the years I tailored my music library to justify the cans and I'm much better off now!

Jun 12, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 2
It's not so much Ma, as it is BACH :)  You should check out Bach's masterpieces on other instruments too - the Goldberg Variations on harpsichord/piano (I think you'd like Perahia a lot), and the Sonatas & Partitas for Solo Violin (Rachel Podger is my first choice).  Bach could convey the deepest human emotions while writing in the strictest musical structures.  The man was a genius that even Beethoven and Mozart never matched, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back