Yo! Any reccomendations for Celtic music?
Feb 3, 2008 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Zephyron

500+ Head-Fier
As title says.

An albums of the Celtic genre you guys would recommend?

Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 17
A couple artists that I would highly recommend would be.

Lunasa
Flook
Altan
Bill Douglas

Those would be four of the artists I would check out first if I where you. All of Lunasa and Flook's albums are great and Bill Douglas has loads of good music
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 17
Thanks for the recommendation guys.

I managed to get Clannad in Concert, Legends (James Galway and Phile Couter), Song of the Irish Whistle, Eire: Isle of Saints and 'The Rhythmic Irish Dance.

Calnnad in Concert and Eire: Isle of Saints were particularly mind blowing IMO.

I'll be checking out more artists that you guys recommended here too, just gotta refill the online balance in my account to buy the albums first before hunting for the actual CDs themselves
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #7 of 17
Falcon and Carlos have the right links...Lots of good stuff in there.
I will also throw out The Old Blind Dogs as another fine 'Celtic' band and the fact that I'm off to see them in a couple of nights has nothing to do with it. Taking my two sons as well so I'm pretty pumped
biggrin.gif

Also check out the Peatbog Faeries for a different take on the genre.

Mar 26, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #10 of 17
Traditional? If so, I don't know, But if you want some FUN Celtic inspired rock, check out the Young Dubliners!!!! VERY fun band, music that makes you happy!

Jul 31, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #12 of 17
Sinead 0'Connor !
normal_smile .gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #13 of 17
I like Chieftains, Altan, Milladoiro and Celtic Woman. FalconP and others provided great recommendations at this old thread:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/45778/good-celtic-music

Sorry for bumping an old thread. But hey, the love of music does not go away with age. I just like the beautiful combination of melodies, instruments and vocals in Celtic music. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #14 of 17
This one may be pushing the envelope really hard as it is really a musical blend that I would say is musically 75%  Pop and 25% Irish Celtic, but this is one album I REALLY like:

Forgiven, Not Forgotten.

The Corrs.

The best Pop album of the 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back