Yippee ki yah! I just won a vintage 1060 Marantz integrated amp for $56 shipped.
Jan 29, 2007 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

1Time

Headphoneus Supremus
Not bad at all... only $56 shipped / total for a 1060 Marantz integrated amp. eBay has been very, very good to me (Garrett Morris - SNL). The seller mispelled Marantz in the listing which I suspect kept a few potential buyers from bidding.
580smile.gif

I recently won a vintage 1060B Marantz integrated for $70 total that I currently enjoy quite a bit with my HD580 Senns. So why have two of these similar models? Well, first I'd like to compare them and see which I like best, and then either sell the other or just keep it for a back-up.

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #4 of 8
Finally got my Marantz 1060 integrated today. The seller advertized it as being in good cosmetic condition but provided no photos in his listing, so I wasn't expecting much. Yet to my surprise I can't believe how good this thing looks, virtually nothing wrong with it cosmetically. And the seller described its functional condition as excellent, so I'm expecting it to perform great. I will try it out, post pics and post a report this weekend on my "new" vintage toy.
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got my Marantz 1060 integrated today. The seller advertized it as being in good cosmetic condition but provided no photos in his listing, so I wasn't expecting much. Yet to my surprise I can't believe how good this thing looks, virtually nothing wrong with it cosmetically. And the seller described its functional condition as excellent, so I'm expecting it to perform great. I will try it out, post pics and post a report this weekend on my "new" vintage toy.
biggrin.gif

Are these amps good at driving headphones?

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these amps good at driving headphones?

Yes, IMO, the vintage Marantz Amps and receivers are a nice low cost way to get into headphone amps, unless you are looking for portability that is, these things are hefty.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, IMO, the vintage Marantz Amps and receivers are a nice low cost way to get into headphone amps, unless you are looking for portability that is, these things are hefty.

Interesting....verrrry interesting!
icon10.gif
There's one on Ebay right now...what would be too much to pay for one of these?

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting....verrrry interesting!
icon10.gif
There's one on Ebay right now...what would be too much to pay for one of these?

I personally wouldnt go above $50 as they are heavy shipping can be expensive, I got mine for $40 but the shipping added $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back