Yikes!! Tell me about your favaorite record store...
Feb 21, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #16 of 22
I hear Billy Joel does the same thing(buys his own records).I don't know why they do it.Dr Wax has 450,000 records but lots are duplicates and they don't clean or grade records at all.I would say this place is for die hard vinyl fans only.They keep prices low(average price $3.99)buy catering to a dedicated crowd that does'nt mind the mess and hunting through the store, sometimes over a period of several days, to find something.If you do come to Chicago let me know,Im a firefighter and life-long Chicago kid,I know every hole in the city.

Feb 21, 2002 at 8:13 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I know every hole in the city.

I hope your not referring to any eateries
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2002 at 1:19 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
If you do come to Chicago let me know,Im a firefighter and life-long Chicago kid,I know every hole in the city.

Hey, thanks...Tube...I may just take you up on that one of these days!

Feb 22, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #19 of 22
Ah, but the Chicago list is far from complete.
You can't leave out Reckless Records (Chicago and London) on Broadway and Belmont. Knowledgable help, a fair price on trades, and an excellent selection of new and independent releases.
Then there's Grammaphone on Clark, THE place for local DJ's and obscure beats, as well as the new Crow's Nest on Armitage, catering to the Hard Rock crowd.......

Feb 25, 2002 at 8:52 PM Post #20 of 22
I went to the Jazz Record Mart in Chicago today for the first time. It's an interesting place with a nice selection of Jazz and Blues CDs. They're not the cheapest in town but they have what I guess you would call "character." Of course, some other people just might call it "dirt." They also have a lot of LPs. A lot of stuff I never heard of both on CDs and LPs. Again, not cheap - Patricia Barber "Companion" LP for $34.99. But if you're a lover of old Jazz and Blues then they'll probably have something you'll like.

Feb 26, 2002 at 8:21 AM Post #21 of 22
I love Rhino Records in Westwood (LA). Absolutely fantastic selection of used cd's (and lp's). They recently opened up an outlet store, where they have everything priced ridiculously cheap...something like $3 and under. It's right near UCLA, so when rent comes due for the pricy Westwood apartments, the students come running to Rhino to dish out their cd's. Good for me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 9:01 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
I went to the Jazz Record Mart in Chicago today for the first time. It's an interesting place with a nice selection of Jazz and Blues CDs. They're not the cheapest in town but they have what I guess you would call "character." Of course, some other people just might call it "dirt." They also have a lot of LPs. A lot of stuff I never heard of both on CDs and LPs. Again, not cheap - Patricia Barber "Companion" LP for $34.99. But if you're a lover of old Jazz and Blues then they'll probably have something you'll like.

Acid,Jazz record mart is not known for the best prices at all,but I have found some really unique stuff there over the years.Like everything else the yuppies have run the prices up at that place too.

BTW,I like your "happy weed"avatar.reminds me of the good old days before random drug tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back