Yet another thread to get into vinyl
Nov 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Puranti

100+ Head-Fier
Hey fellow head-fiers,

I would like to throw myself in the great adventure of vinyl :)
So basically, I'm a total noob to it, so if you have any useful informations on turntables, cartridges, tonearms or vinyls themselves, post it :wink:
I'm in a tight budget so I'm not willing to spend more then 250€ on turntables, preamp, cartridges, etc.
I thought about the pro-ject debut 3 with an ortofon OM3e cartridge for roughly 200€
Oh and yes, if you have european deals that would be great.

Thanks in advance !

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 2
For years, nay decades, the standard recommendation for you would have been a classic Technics 1210.

Sadly after 40 years production it was discontinued last year and you might not be confident enough to take a punt on the 2nd hand Market.

By chance I saw this model from Audio-Technica in a shop the other day. http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/turntables/583f30b3a8662772/

It looks pretty much identical to the venerable 1210 design. Brought up to date. With a sticker price of £229 it's a bit over your budget but it does look like it could be an excellent one stop shop for everything you need. Even the AT95E cartridge is pretty good.

No personal experience with it but it would be top of my list if I was looking for something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back