yet another thread for headphones around 100$
Jul 18, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #16 of 18
I just got my AD700, and I'm loving them. The fact of the matter is there just isn't that much bass quantity. The quality, however, is very good. I personally do not have a problem with it, although I will admit listening to hip hop and electronica isn't as enjoyable as it could be. Being that I listen to 85% rock though, these are awesome. I love the bass - it's there, it's deep, but it isn't in your face. Not to mention the soundstage is just unlike anything I've ever heard.

The highs are also worth mentioning. When a cymbal is hit, I hear it shimmering. Everything just sounds so open and real. BTW this is coming out of an SB audigy 2 ZS, and not burned in. Still deciding on the Essence STX.

The other cans I would consider are the Alessandro MS1i. I almost bought them, and I'm kind of curious as to what they sound like (wallet tingling). You will not be disappointed with the AD700 though.

EDIT:
On a side note about the bass, I went back to listen to my turbines last night, and am considering new portables now that I've heard the bass on the AD700s. Phonak PFE FTW?

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #17 of 18
Initially i considered MS1 but lack of soundstage was a huge let off for me.I am a little sceptical that AD's do not have bass at all like the er6i's but, your thoughts abt these are really convincing..and again i think posting a new thread makes a huge difference here...

I have already spent around 400$ in the past 2 monts plus 100$ on this headphone..I just want to get the hell out of this forum with one good headphone,but again i am not sure.

Jul 18, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pavan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to get the hell out of this forum with one good headphone

HA - you clearly do not understand the power of head-fi. The only thing you can leave this forum with is curiosity, which ultimately draws you and your wallet back for a beating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back