Yet Another "Tell Me What I Want" Thread...
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jack71

New Head-Fier
Hi all. So my Sennheiser Momentum 2's finally went bust on me and I'm looking to replace and hopefully upgrade. Looking for headphones (open or closed) or IEMs, second-hand is fine, for hopefully $400 or less.

My source is iTunes lossless files on my iPad through a Meridian Explorer 2. I mainly listen to Classic Rock/Rock/80s Metal, with a little Pop and Hip Hop thrown in. I'm not a bass-head, but I do like to feel the punch of the kick drum or thump of the base.

The HD600 wasn't my thing. I had Grado 325e's which I liked a lot but moved on from due to ear fatigue. Owned some Sony MDR-EX1000s that were nice but didn't quite do it for me. The Momentum 2s weren't exactly audiophile but they were fun to listen too and the Explorer tightened up the bass nicely.

I've strained my eyes and neck reading review after review, but here is just too much stuff out there. It's never-ending. So... any suggestions?

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 3
The Momentum 3 ear buds or Momentum 4 headphones sounded great and really are nicely improved over previous versions. The Bluetooth Hifiman Ananda is worth it also. The only other I'd recommend wireless was I had the Bower & Wilkins PX7 Carbon edition and it was really good, fit and finish great as well.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 3
The Momentum 3 ear buds or Momentum 4 headphones sounded great and really are nicely improved over previous versions. The Bluetooth Hifiman Ananda is worth it also. The only other I'd recommend wireless was I had the Bower & Wilkins PX7 Carbon edition and it was really good, fit and finish great as well.
Thanks for the input! I'm not adverse to wireless, but I'm more partial to sound quality than convenience. Plus, it seems that the wired option on most wireless headphones yields a poorer result and doesn't allow for working well with outside DACs/amps. I will definitely consider your suggestions though. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back