Yet another satisfied KSC75 customer: headband?
May 18, 2006 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pencechp

Head-Fier
Well, I went and picked up a pair of KSC75s at Circuit City today to demo my brand-new CMOY amp that just arrived today, and I like 'em a LOT. They'll be a great combo to my HD280s (when those get back from Drew at Moon Audio for recabling). They lack the high-end detail that I need for classical music or jazz (which the 280s have), but they do one thing very, very well: these little guys ROCK. HARD. I'm digging it, a lot.

But I'm not digging this clip-on-ear-thing. Which phones had headbands that worked for these phones? I know lots of cheapo airline headphones seem to work, but I doubt I'm going to be able to wrangle a pair of those. Ideally, I'd be able to go to Target or Radio Shack and get some $5 pair of phones with a cheap headband that could go. Anyone know of one?

It also seems that a little clamping force would help the bass extension on these--pressing the drivers a bit closer to my ear seems to make the bass drop deeper (though that could just be my noisy-as-hell listening environment...).

EDIT: If you have the album, and haven't heard it through these phones, you owe it to yourself to fire up Little Feat's Dixie Chicken on the KSC75s. SWEET.

May 18, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 8
They do Rock, I like the clips for long walks in the sun! I can wear my big hat!
icon10.gif

May 18, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
the KSC75 with headband is called the sportapro / portapro
wink.gif

but a few people have found other headbands that fit with a little or a lot of modding.

Do you say this because it is definately sporting the same driver, or just because it sounds very similar?

May 18, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 8
Might want to try searching for KSC75 headband mods... or something like that. Others have found junk-cans that accept the KSC75 with little modifications. There are other threads on this.

FYI... the KSC75 earhook is soft metal and can be bent for a custom fit. You have to fiddle with it, but I was able to get mine nice and snug. IMHO this is the biggest advantage of the KSC75 over the KSC35.

IMHO of all the Koss head-banded 60 ohm cans, the radio shack Pro35A sounds the most like a KSC75 (with earclips bent for a tight bassy-fit). I've tried all of them except the KSC55 and the portapro2.

Garrett

May 18, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pencechp
They're basically the same driver, but the KSC-75 driver has a "Titanium" (is it really, does anyone know?) coating on it, which most assuredly changes the sound.

Its some kind of metallic coating... Wouldn't doubt if it really is titanium, or a titanium based coating.

May 19, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
They do Rock, I like the clips for long walks in the sun! I can wear my big hat!
icon10.gif

Ditto!! Nice to wear the hat and not have the Headband to worry with.. Also nice if you've been wearing them for an hour or 2 and get called to a meeting at work. You don't walk in with Headband Hair
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back