Yet another reason to curse you, head-fi!
Aug 10, 2006 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

daveDerek

Headphoneus Supremus
my cars have half decent oem stereos, but since joining head-fi and spending more time listening to decent cans my listening time while commuting has become less pleasurable. so now i'm going to have to save up to buy a lexus just to get the mark levinson stereo!
eek.gif

curse you, head-fi (and sorry about my wallet)!
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 18
I don't know whether to laugh at you, or laugh with you, or just nod my head in agreement.

....I think the latter.

Yup.

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by upangel180
Lexus is the bose of cars
wink.gif

Oooohhohoho!

Car fight! Caaaaaaaaaaar fiiiiiiiiiiight!

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 18
"mark levinson stereo = $45,000 (free Lexus included)"

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 18
I totally stopped listening to music in the car; I've resorted to news stations/talk radio. Head-Fi ruined me.

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 18
yeah, my wife told me she was surprised i can listen to music in the car with the whole head-fi thing and the search for the ultimate in SQ. i looked at her and told her, "don't even go there!!!!" the last thing i need to do is start sinking money into an automotive system. thankfully, i work at home so my time in vehicles is pretty limited. hmm... that means i have more money for head-fi stuff!
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 18
i can write it off that i only have a mediocre stereo to begin with in mine.

but who gives a crap! its a wrx wagon. i could listen to the sound of that turbo spooling and the flat 4 boxer rumble all day long
k1000smile.gif

thats why i drive with the windows down
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Oooohhohoho!

Car fight! Caaaaaaaaaaar fiiiiiiiiiiight!

Not really, it was more of a joke. Have you ever noticed though, that most Lexus drivers drive like crap? I think lexus is that initial price point where the driver starts to think he very well may own the road. While anyone in cars above that point tend to drive a bit more defensively to protect their investment.

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 18
my car was $22.5k and i defend it as if it were an F-car
(Ferrari)

I'm a darn good driver if i say so myself, i wish i had a rallycross track near me
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by upangel180
Not really, it was more of a joke. Have you ever noticed though, that most Lexus drivers drive like crap? I think lexus is that initial price point where the driver starts to think he very well may own the road. While anyone in cars above that point tend to drive a bit more defensively to protect their investment.

Damn it. I wanted a car fight. Caaaaaaarrr fiiiiiiiiiiight.....

I haven't noticed much about drivers lately, I haven't driven in a year.
frown.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ap3rtis
Why not just listen to your headphones in the car?
biggrin.gif

because not only is it extremely dangerous and distracting, it's illegal in most places.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #14 of 18
A nice aftermarket stereo in your car will far outshine the mark levinson in a lexus. Trust me. I have spent many hours and dollars on my car system. The shame of car audio is that with road noise and the less than ideal interior space of a car it is pretty much always inferior to a nice home stereo or headphone setup. That doesn't mean a car can't sound good, however. Go listen to some cars at SQ car audio competitons. Some of them are very impressive.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaraUCSD
A nice aftermarket stereo in your car will far outshine the mark levinson in a lexus. Trust me. I have spent many hours and dollars on my car system. The shame of car audio is that with road noise and the less than ideal interior space of a car it is pretty much always inferior to a nice home stereo or headphone setup. That doesn't mean a car can't sound good, however. Go listen to some cars at SQ car audio competitons. Some of them are very impressive.

did this with buddies in high school....big money pit..the cursed in car audio is much worse than head-fi..stay away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back