Yet another question for 0404 USB owners
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Neil27

100+ Head-Fier
I got one a few days ago. it sounds great, very transparent sound.

However i have noticed that the optical out (Toslink) is always liuminated, even if coaxial is selected on the s/pdif output.. i was wondering if this is normal?

Also does anyone else find the level knobs to be a bit shakey when touched? can the knobs be pulled off the pot by hand?

Thanks.

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 6
I never really understood the various buttons and lights that it emits, but it works great. Mine does the optical thing too.

The knobs are a bit wierd yes, but if you handle it normally it should be OK.

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Just about every optical out equipped device I've owned is always on, including the 0404. I find the adjustment knobs adequate. I didn't notice I could move them side-to side a wee bit until I read this topic. I'm sure you can pull them off but mine are stuck pretty good and I didn't have any desire to force the issue.

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 6
When I bought one, the level knobs were shaky and felt a bit loose. Some of them were nice and stiff and didn't move, so I assumed thats the way it was supposed to be, so I returned mine since I wasnt sure. Oh and as for optical out, its always on.

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I bought one, the level knobs were shaky and felt a bit loose. Some of them were nice and stiff and didn't move, so I assumed thats the way it was supposed to be, so I returned mine since I wasnt sure. Oh and as for optical out, its always on.

did you get the 0202 instead?

and yeah, it is quite annoying that some knobs are really shakey/loose turning and some are stiffer.. seems a little cheap.. oh well, it isnt too bad.
And plus its the sound that counts. And it sounds really nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 6
some of mine were kinda loose/shaky too, i think i kinda pressed them in a bit and they are nice and sturdy now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back