Yet another Oregon meet...
Jul 12, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #62 of 100
Thanks Mr. Bean!

Jul 12, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #63 of 100
Any of the days work for me so you can add my vote to the one with the most. That is, if my wife lets me go after getting back from QuakeCon
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #65 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
We are confirmed for the 19th. I have updated the original post with the full meet info.

I think I put a fire alarm system in that place back in the late 70's.

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #66 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
I think I put a fire alarm system in that place back in the late 70's.

I used to do computer support for them, and a couple of people there are still friends of mine. Small world
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #67 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
I used to do computer support for them, and a couple of people there are still friends of mine. Small world
smily_headphones1.gif

I was one of the 1000 Intel managers that got whacked yesterday. Do you happen to know anyone looking for a good high tech manager?

Jul 14, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #68 of 100
Quote:

I was one of the 1000 Intel managers that got whacked yesterday. Do you happen to know anyone looking for a good high tech manager?

I read that in the Oregonian this morning and did a total double take. The day after they release the chip that's gonna put them back in the spotlight they whack a thousand people! I'm sure there's more to it than that, but bad times. Good luck finding something though!

On topic: the 19th should be glorious, I may bring a headphone'd friend as well!

EDIT: Oh right and dev, don't let me forget to give you money this time!

Jul 14, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #69 of 100
Quote:

Ugg, bummer. Not at the moment, but I will let you know if I see anything.

Jul 18, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #72 of 100
Thanks to devwild for getting this started. I'm 50/50 (family obligations) but will do what I can to make it for at least part of the day. Should be a lot of fun.

Jul 20, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #73 of 100
I'd like to come, live in Puyallup WA though.

We'll see. Maybe I'll have my K-1000's by then
k1000smile.gif
But I'll need to borrow someones amp, because I know I wont have enough money to buy a decent amp by then. And believe me (details later) you'll want to hear these modded out K1000's.

Jul 21, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #74 of 100
Checking some of our updated profiles, it looks like we may well have double the equipment we've had at previous meets.
I'll bring my (old style) DT-880s and MicroStack as usual, and I want to put a request in for comparative amps around the 250 to 400 dollar range along with any other comparable Beyer models; the 990 and new 880s especially.

And we can bring snacks this time, right? Just no alcoholic beverages?

I don't want all of the stomach rumbling to compete with our listening of all of these open ear 'phones
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #75 of 100
Yeah I have my AD2000's still so I'll be bringing them along with my SA5000's, PRII, HR-2, UM2, and just for kicks I can bring my KSC-35's if anyone is interested. After a couple emails and months of waiting Audiocubes is finally stocking the W5000 pads. Until I added some ghetto padding last week, I couldn't really listen to my AD2000's at all because they were just too uncomfortable. The W5000 pads are thicker so I'm going to order those today I think.

I probably won't be bringing my computer because its water cooled now and I really don't feel like moving it. I could probably load up my server with my music hard drives if anyone wants to get some lossless music off me. I could also install my EMU 1212m digital card if someone wants to use it as a digital transport for a DAC. The analog card for the 1212m is dead though so don't ask
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back