yet another meta42 question
Dec 3, 2002 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

puck

100+ Head-Fier
ok, so i figured that all my parts where finally here and i would throw everything together and get it working pretty quickly. well, i got it together and it doesn't work right. so...first things first. i put the power supply section together and messured my rail voltages at the power pins for the op-amp with the op amp and output buffers not installed. i get something like -6.5 and +10.5 volts. i am using a single supply 12v walwart, fairly cheep for now, it reads about 17v with no load (i have ordered a better one but it will be awhile before it gets here). so, not knowing what else to do, i pulled loose one leg of each of my supply caps one at a time and messured again. none of them made any difference. i also tried switching out the supply buffer but that didn't help either. my question is, do you think that my rail splitter may be bad or is there something else that could be causing this?

thanks
puck

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 3
The only time I've seen significant imbalance in a META42's supply rails relative to vgnd is when I forgot to put the 2001G in. Since you've replaced that, the next test I would do is to remove all the chips and measure from the TLE2426's output pin to each supply rail. If it's not balanced at that point, the TLE2426 is suspect. But also check all of the other resistors connected to ground, to make sure they're not dragging the rails around before replacing the TLE2426.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back