Yet another Meta42 in progress
Apr 25, 2003 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kris

New Head-Fier
m42-01.jpg

Well, here is my Meta42 I'm currently working on. And as luck would have it, everything works the first time around! Hooked it up to a pcdp and some koss headphones I have as well as some ER6s and it sounds great! It is kinda weird though, and I have yet to figure this out.... compared to just plugging the koss or ER6s into the headphone jack, the amp makes the ER6s sound brighter, yet it makes the koss headphones sound darker... haven't figured it out, but if anyone has any ideas.... was thinking might have something to do with power, for testing I was running off a single 9v batt.

As for parts: Resistors are all dales, loop gains are 200ish and 10ish, opamps are burrbrown opa637s on a browndog adapter, coupling caps are 1.0uF Solen "Aeon" caps (film/foil), power buffer 2001, output buffs 2002s, and the pot is a noble... it does have the same footprint as the alps blue if you chop off the extra centertap leads, but the way I want to mount it in the case I have won't allow for onboard mounting.

Apr 26, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #3 of 3
Sticking it in a hammond black aluminum case.... the new extruded ones that everyone here seems to like, but I'll be using it the long way instead of short... also plan on adding some wood side pieces to prevent it from looking too boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back