Yet another heart warming HD600 cable upgrade story
Mar 18, 2003 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

peter braun

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry for the lengthy title, but I just recieved my pair of Clou Blues cables from headfi member Itza2mer and I am pretty pumped. My first impression, OH MY HOLY LORD!!! I knew that the cables would make an audible difference but this is quite significant. Nearly everything from bass extention to upper highs, has to my ears, improved greatly. I now know what people say when they claim that the upgrade cables lift a veil off the sound. They sound like a new set of cans. I can only imagine what the cardas or equinox cables might do.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2003 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 7
congrats on your purchase! I actually have a pair of carda's comming in the mail from Itza2mer as well... I'm looking hella forward to hearing them (though they'll be out of a ****ty Awia boombox until I get my gilmore v2).

Mar 20, 2003 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Hey guys, I have a Cardas replacement for the HD600 in the mail myself, and I was wondering: I know there is in an interconnect, but is there greater signal degradation in a 20ft Cardas replacement cable for the headphones than in, say, the 10ft?

I ask because I could have made do with the 15ft, but I decided that since I was already getting the very best I should just go all the way. Did I make a mistake? Will a longer cable have an inferior sound to a shorter one?

Mar 20, 2003 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Guardian
Hey guys, I have a Cardas replacement for the HD600 in the mail myself, and I was wondering: I know there is in an interconnect, but is there greater signal degradation in a 20ft Cardas replacement cable for the headphones than in, say, the 10ft?

I ask because I could have made do with the 15ft, but I decided that since I was already getting the very best I should just go all the way. Did I make a mistake? Will a longer cable have an inferior sound to a shorter one?

Tyll of HeadRoom told me that in his experience with cable length as the single variable, sound degradation did not begin until somewhere just past 20 feet. One of my HD600s has the 20ft Cardas smurf cable and its sound to me is virtually indistinguishable from my other HD600s with the 10 ft cardas. Remember to clean and condition your connectors.

Mar 21, 2003 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 7
cleaning I understand... conditioning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back