Yet another hd580 amp question.
Nov 17, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom L
A4audio is in Canada, although the prices on their web site are apparently in American dollars. Does anyone know if it will be necessary to pay duty to import a Rega Ear into the US? I looked at the US Customs web site, which is fairly confusing, and it looks like there's no duty on amplifiers from Canada. But would that still hold true for the Rega, since it's made in the UK?

I've sent a few emails to a4audio and they don't know either. Does anyone know the answer the the question above?

May 21, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #32 of 34
You think OBH SE21 drives better the HD580 than the integrated amp of the E-MU 0404USB?

May 21, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #33 of 34
Surprised to see that no one has mentioned the Original Master

May 23, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A4audio is in Canada, although the prices on their web site are apparently in American dollars. Does anyone know if it will be necessary to pay duty to import a Rega Ear into the US? I looked at the US Customs web site, which is fairly confusing, and it looks like there's no duty on amplifiers from Canada. But would that still hold true for the Rega, since it's made in the UK?

I've made purchases from Canada many times but not for audio products. Mostly aftermarket performance parts for my other hobby, modifying my Audi. Since many of the parts I bought originated in Italy or Germany, and I never had to pay any duties, i think you'll be safe buying an amp from Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back