Yet Another Giveaway
Jun 9, 2005 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
In the spirit of Bangra's recent contest, in which sweet victory was almost mine (terrible, aren't I?), I decided to make a similar yet opposite contest. I won a $10* Slappa gift certificate in their giveaway, and don't really have a use for it. Not that i don't like Slappa, but I already have an extremely nice CD case. So, winner gets it via PM/Email, whatever you want. It's online only. I'm too broke to ship anything. This is a parody anyway. But on with it, eh?

Post a picture of yourself with something touching your feet. Now, Webster defines 'feet' as 'the plural of foot'. 'Foot' is defined as 'the terminal part of the vertebrate leg upon which an individual stands'. With this in mind, the contest is for feet. Not legs, arms, or heads.

To clarify...

1. If you're wearing socks and they run up to your legs, that's fine, because your feet are in contact with the sock.

2. If you're wearing sweat bands on your ankles, it is NOT acceptable, because they are not in contact with your feet.

3. If your feet are surrounded by something, it is NOT acceptable, unless they are physically touching your feet. There must be contact. Also note that contact on the ankles or leg does NOT count, unless there is also simultaneous contact with one or more of the feet.

3a. Sandals ARE acceptable, because there is contact with your feet. Full coverage is not a requisite.

The lone exception to this is if you're wearing a boot knife or gun on an ankle holster, solely because they're cool. Anyone who posts such a picture is very likely to win.

Note also that anyone who somehow or another manages to get their foot amongst a sea of happiness, a la sinco's winning entry in Bangra's contest, their chances of winning are also much higher, if the sea is attractive, and has not been photoshopped.

Deadline is whenever I damn well feel like it, but very likely somewhere on a weekend this month. 18th sounds promising.

Thanks to the generosity of Head-Fi member AuroraProject, another $10 GC has been added to sweeten the pot. I'm still debating whether to combine them and give away $20 to one person, or have a runner-up.

Other than that, have at it.

Cheers!

[size=small]Not-So Fine Print[/size]

This is my contest. I set the rules, however draconian they may be. My word is final. Bitching about it will get you nowhere. Bribery, however, will. I can decide to end the contest early, give the certificate to a random individual, or post it on the internet just for spite. I have absolute power. I am God. Fear me.

'Not' and 'are' are used in this post as defined by Webster:

Not
used as a function word to make negative a group of words or a word

Are
present second singular or present plural of BE

Note also that this entire post is tongue-in-cheek, and not meant to be taken anywhere near seriously. Yes, I do have a (x2) gift certificate, and yes, someone will receive it. Now go post.

Jun 9, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 26
waitasec. but what if my feet are SURROUNDED by bar babe boobies, but not actually COVERING them? As in, you can still see the hobbit hair on top of my feet, but the sides are covered?

and what if i want to wear sandals? sandals only partially cover the tops of the footies with a little thong! sandals have rights too!
icon10.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 26
cool contest, i am thinking of giving away my $10 GC as well!

Jun 9, 2005 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
waitasec. but what if my feet are SURROUNDED by bar babe boobies, but not actually COVERING them? As in, you can still see the hobbit hair on top of my feet, but the sides are covered?

and what if i want to wear sandals? sandals only partially cover the tops of the footies with a little thong! sandals have rights too!
icon10.gif

Jahn brings up a good point. Rules will be edited to cover this.

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 26
Let all the Contests Combine!

contest.jpg

Yes, that's a Slappa case. Yes, those are boobies in the background. Yes, I have well groomed ankles. No, you probably don't want to borrow any of my DVDs at this stage.

Jun 11, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
And bribery eh? I'll give you a $10 GC for Slappa.

No go. Make it a $20 GC and we've got a deal.

Also, check out the new, revised rules. AuroraProject has donated a $10 GC, resulting in either a $20 prize, or two $10 prizes. Haven't decided yet.

Jun 12, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterboy55
i dunno... thrashers pic looks like it has the same girls as the one in jahns, except jahn has a head there.

it's the running joke, no worries
smily_headphones1.gif

btw pinky's and billy's entries - i keep thinking that i want to play "kick the can!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back