Yet another gaming thread...
May 6, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better SQ.. That really depends on the headphones you are comparing your speaker system too. You made it sound like a general statement.

Actually the gaming rig isn't £2K, it's £1500 RRP. But actually only paid £530 for it.
icon10.gif

Headphones £700.

May 11, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*sigh*

Where do I start?
You do know that there is a thing called audio positioning and soundstage? I'm sure you do. Just think about it and how it can apply to games, specifically FPS's. Soundstage and audio positioning in a headphone and the accuracy of it conveying it has nothing to do with the quality of the source file. Your logic is flawed. Going by your logic, a cheap $20 headphone (minus KSC-75) playing FLAC files will own a HE-90 playing mp3s.

positional audio effects are programmed and output through a processor. Music is a recording. Why you are drawing lines between the two is beyond me. I intentionally made it a point to state that you dont require audiophile grade equipment to enjoy an accurate audio presentation from any particular game. Simple as that.

This is a headphone forum and as such will be bias. This is all well and good but destroys recommendation threads.

The reason why people like the OP ask questions they do is because they often assume, incorrectly, that a $300 HP is often vastly superior than any speakers he could afford reasonably, or vastly superior to a HP model that costs $200 less. This is simply not the case. I put in my 2 cents, thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back