yet another emotional WOW moment. (happy birthday, Mr. Lennon.)
Oct 10, 2005 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sonick

500+ Head-Fier
today (its still Oct. 9th in the west coast) is John Lennon's birthday.

i was listening to the new 2-disc collection of Lennon's songs entitled WORKING CLASS HERO on my Grado SR80s.

as i listened, i decided to read wikipedia's entry on John: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon

anyways, as i reached the part about his murder:
Quote:

As Lennon walked past him, Chapman called out "Mr. Lennon." As Lennon turned, Chapman crouched into what witnesses called a "combat" stance and fired five hollowpoint bullets into John's back and shoulder. One of the bullets fatally pierced his aorta. Still, Lennon managed to stagger up six steps into the concierge booth where he collapsed, gasping "I'm shot, I'm shot."

Chapman stood there, holding his .38 Charter Arms revolver, which was pulled out of his hands and kicked away by Jose Perdomo who then asked "Do you know what you have done?", to which Chapman replied "I just shot John Lennon." Chapman then calmly took his coat off placed it at his feet, took out a book and started reading.

at that moment, i was listening to the original recording of REAL LOVE on the disc, which only featured him and a piano.

It was just so emotionally moving, my eyes got misty, and felt a lump in my throat.

happy birthday, John.

*off to spin up Strawberry Fields Forever

Oct 10, 2005 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 2
Happy Birthday, Mr. Lennon !...

...Happy Birthday.
happycry.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back