yet another computer speakers thread
Jun 11, 2009 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

New Head-Fier
I want some computer speakers for about £100 ($130). i used to have the maudio av40's which are very popular on this site but they broke and after looking around on the internet break very often.

I'd like some recommendations, preferably speakers that are famous enough to have a quite alot of reviews floating around on the internet. I've been looking at studio monitors but a few friends who are into recording said they aren't suitable for just listening.

please can you recommend me some computer speakers. thanks

p.s no swans, audioengines or m audio.

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 6
I've been looking into getting a small amp and bookshelf setup and have some questions
smily_headphones1.gif

1. bookshelf's aren't meant to be used when you are sat in front of them, can somebody reocmmend me some speakers that will sound good when sat in front of them please
2. connecting the amp/receiver to onboard soundcard all i need is a rca to 3.5mm jack i presume?
3. i was thinking of buying the amp/receiver second hand as has been recommended in other forums however i don't know what to looks for? (onkyo, yamaha, NAD, etc but what models?)

unfortunatly i have no real way to audition any speakers or anything, so ideally i need recommendations of an amp and speaker combo that work well together, UK aswell

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 6
1. Some speakers will sound good in a near-field position, others not so much. You really need to decide by listening to them. Many studio monitors are designed for near-field listening, so you could go that route if you like.

2. Yes.

3. If you are just looking for stereo an integrated amp will probably the best/cheapest route for you. NAD, Arcam, Cambridge and Rotel are all well regarded.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 6
thanks for the feedback.
i've finally settled on the samson studiodock 3i been given great reviews and was given 5 stars by what hifi. i know its probabily not as good sq wise as seperates but its simple, can connect an ipod to it and is ment for near field listening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back