Yet another clone
Sep 8, 2007 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kanamin

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153010

I don't know if this has been posted yet (forgive me if it has) but **** I think I found another sennheiser CX-300/Creative EP 630/Sharp MD33 clone!

Also, I just bought a pair of EP 630's, but I recently tried a pair owned by a friend, and I'm somewhat disappointed and I regret buying them now. I also tried a pair of UE Super Fi 5 and was also disappointed, and am starting to think all IEMs suck, and not just my marshmallows
blink.gif
Perhaps I should have saved this for a different thread.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 15
Haha, people are not very creative...if it sells - must join. Cash on the table...

As the concern with IEMs suck - you might be like me. I heard two IEMs I do not hate - UM2 and Etymotics, and only one I like - the unreleased Westone...in short I settled for a very high end closed headphone as a portable =]

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 15
Hmm... I thought different companies could use the same casing.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 15
This has been around for a while. It is another CX300. Whoever the company is who made these first has not been afraid to pimp them out all over the place.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has been around for a while. It is another CX300. Whoever the company is who made these first has not been afraid to pimp them out all over the place.

Yeah. I thought it was actually pretty normal for headphone casing designs to pop up under many different company names.

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #8 of 15
Those are knockoffs, these are just another re-brand. These aren't cheap fakes. To my knowledge V-Moda still hasn't let another company re-brand their headphones.

Sep 8, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #10 of 15
Yep, the official name is Razer Protone M100. A bit more expensive than the ep630 but the package is better.

Nobody mentionned those AKG iems that look like ep630 too...

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 15
Someone should start a collection of these, with their packaging and all.
Would be cool to show off a whole room with only cx300 lookalikes, or a whole shelf at least. =P

Sep 9, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsurfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody mentionned those AKG iems that look like ep630 too...

woops forgot lol.

I remember finding the manufacturer's website (the ORIGINAL manufacturer's website), but forgot how and who they were. Oh well.

mcoleg, I HAVE tried the Shure E2Cs, but I didn't give them justice (I think), the sleeves (plugs, inserts, w/e) were a tad large, and though the source was ok (Cowon D2), I listened to like one song, which wasn't a test of detail at all. Still, I didn't like them.

Good mids, idk, I'd say the most eargasmic thing (listening to some right now) on higher quality headphones I enjoy is acoustic guitar. Flamenco, folk, anything with more than just some chord repeats. Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela at the moment.

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those Razers pop up on woot.com every now and then for $15. They are really nice for the money and come with a fantastic case that I use to hold my Meizu, iBasso T2, and CK7s; I sold the m100 a while ago.

Darn, I was going to point that out.
I will probably buy these next time on woot when they show up.

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woops forgot lol.

I remember finding the manufacturer's website (the ORIGINAL manufacturer's website), but forgot how and who they were. Oh well.

mcoleg, I HAVE tried the Shure E2Cs, but I didn't give them justice (I think), the sleeves (plugs, inserts, w/e) were a tad large, and though the source was ok (Cowon D2), I listened to like one song, which wasn't a test of detail at all. Still, I didn't like them.

Good mids, idk, I'd say the most eargasmic thing (listening to some right now) on higher quality headphones I enjoy is acoustic guitar. Flamenco, folk, anything with more than just some chord repeats. Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela at the moment.

yah, proper fitting is a big thing when it comes to iem's. kinda hard to get a good fit with the ones with large sound tube (cx-300 and clones; ue; crossroads) e2c's are in the same category. if you ever get a chance, try some from higher range, e3x and up. with right tip for your ear and good insertion the sound opens up considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back