Yesss this is a first time poster...
Jun 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bigmanathome24

New Head-Fier
This is my first post on this forum. So hi everyone who reads this

I am planning on buying a decent set of speakers. I have my own opinion on what i thought of buying.

At the moment i have Bose Companion 5 (OMG!!! the word Bose, everyone hates me now
redface.gif
) connected up to my iMac and PS3 and HDTV.

Next year im moving into a house so i will be buying them around that time. What im after is an amp that is able to handle at least 3 optical inputs (PS3, Xbox and V+). If possible also HDMI although thats more home theatre style amp. i dont really mind.

i was thinking on some mordaunt short speakers and a denon amp. although i have not actually heard either, and just going of what people have said.

i would like to know your views on these. by the way, im not posting just once
rolleyes.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 9
first off, a budget helps - dont want to waste time suggesting things below or above your comfort level, after all
smily_headphones1.gif

will you be using surround sound, or simply stereo? if the former, perhaps a receiver would be in your best interest. if the latter, then a video pre-processor + stereo amp (or monoblocks) might be a better option

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 9
Receivers are versatile, so they are always a good option.

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 9
There is also a sub-forum dedicated to all things related to sources, I think this is better suited there.

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 9
Do not see anything related to High-End in there, so you are probably in the wrong sub-forum. You are probably better off posting more specific posts in the corresponding sub-forum. Probably "Dedicated Source Components" and "Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)"...

Welcome to Head-Fi though!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not see anything related to High-End in there, so you are probably in the wrong sub-forum. You are probably better off posting more specific posts in the corresponding sub-forum. Probably "Dedicated Source Components" and "Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)"...

Welcome to Head-Fi though!
bigsmile_face.gif

Another day... another post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back