yes, i do love the headphoneses
Mar 23, 2007 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

ryanhayn

100+ Head-Fier
having headphones is like having christmas year round. i got these sr60s. i'm listening to them, and they sound alright. but then, i see my black grado case across the room. it looks like a mysterious present/gift type of thing. i wonder .... ...i open it. it's the best present ever...some 325i's! i put them on....then i thank myself for buying the sr60s
smily_headphones1.gif

so, the moral of my story is:
TWO is the most headphones anyone should own.

*tip - it's best to buy both headphones from one manufacturer; to better enhance the good/bad, x-mas/normal day, yin/yang effect.

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhayn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TWO is the most headphones anyone should own.

:

Two?
Well, I second this statement.
In a way.
I'd like to add the term "dozens" though.
Yes, two dozens, that's it.

Mar 23, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 23
Yup; I'm happy with my two also! One for the rock side and one for classical.

Well; ok and another one for just background, for when I'm not trying to study the music.

....like right now.
plainface.gif

Yeah and another one, but my Wife stole them for her iPod and I probably shouldn't have them in my sig.

And I think I'm glad She's got them.

But there is one reason why too many phones can be a problem. While I really love my MS-1s; when I was still using the KSC75s frequently, every now and then, not often, but sometimes; a particular note would pop through and sound "better" than the same note on MS-1s!! Disaster of the same kind as winning a basketball game 103 to 3! You're glad you won, but hate giving the other guys the 3!!

That's why I think I'm glad my wife has the KSCs.

Mar 23, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 23
i say 2 is best to have a decent range and to keep it on "budget."

of course this is assuming you don't have an R10 and orpheus
biggrin.gif

i think a senn and grado combo is decent, but for my ownconcerns, a hd595 for most music and an akg k81dj for bass heavy music is fine with me. now onto more comfortable versions of the k81dj... darth beyers!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #9 of 23
2 is best if you are talking just about grados, but then you need 2 sennheisers, 2 akgs, 2 beiers, 2 r-10s, 2 orpehus's, 2 qualias, 2 l3000s....

xD (I don't have a single headphone from this list).

Mar 24, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #10 of 23
Hrmmm, I have two right now, but I don't like my PMX200's, should I sell them so I can get some marshmallows (for jogging, yeeyuh) and keep the count at 2? lol

Mar 24, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 23
I say three is good for me, although I could see why others have more. I have four. I really ought to sell one, I don't need four.

Edit: Wow, thanks for making this thread, Ryan. Time to sell my K81DJ's. *Cough.*

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #14 of 23
Only 2 headphones for me.

HD595 for home listening
UM2 for everywhere else

I couldn't be happier. I just have to make sure I never try anything better and I should be good. I mean, what you don't know won't hurt you, right?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back