Yes! I can finally make my own Sennheisser HD650 cable
Aug 24, 2007 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Singapura

500+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for the proprietary Senn plugs for a long time. They seem to be for sale now according to http://jaben.wordpress.com/2007/08/2...ing-your-senn/. No price info though
blink.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't see how these are any big improvement over the existing DIY methods of cutting up existing cables to get the pins.. That wood block would just fall out of the connector receptable, as far as I can tell.....or am I missing something?

You can make a workable DIY connector with some D-Sub pins from Radio Shack, a little bit of rubber or foam insulation, and some heatshrink (if you're clever!) that work well enough to evaluate different sorts of bulk cables (Canare vs. Mogami, etc.) for replacement of the stock version.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 4
There should be any proprietary design, for this kind of plugs. IIRC there are a few manufactures that do manufacture their own cables with plugs, so there should be someone who do the connectors for them, I doubt they will mold them from plastic, into their own cables, that is a little expensive industrial process...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back