YEAHHHHH New iPods!!!!
Sep 6, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #46 of 177
I agree that the new Nano looks damn ugly.
The Touch looks nice but the Starbuckthing kills me (watch the video for the touch to see what I mean). Who is drinking Starbuck coffee? Their overpriced products should have stayed in the country they came from IMO. And then there is the problem with the headphone out of the iPhone...

When it comes to video I will certainly wait for the Cowon A3 to replace my A2 which is supposed to come out in September as well. Big screen, long battery running time, tons of codec support and very good SQ as well.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #50 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the Ipod classic consider as 6th gen??

Yes.

Personally I think the new designs are ugly. Also, that album cover mode is sort of useless. Imagine looking through hundreds of albums only by the cover? Not to mention the eye candy will burn battery.

Only good thing I see from the new line-up is the 160GB version.

But since they are now in iPods. You will soon be able to find them at iPod upgrade stores, and probably put the 160GB into a fifth gen.

I think I'll still with my 5.5G

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #51 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's common for most companies though.
I have to say my dream came through, not touch but whatever, it's always in my bag with a remote sticking out so I don't have to touch it lol!

speaking of which....

is there an ipod remote that will also display mp3 information? kind of like the old sony remotes. i REALLLLLLY want one, and haven't found one yet.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #52 of 177
I was waiting for an iPod with an iPhone interface to bite. 16Gb kills it for me
frown.gif
I'll be back when there is an option with a hard drive.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #53 of 177
Does anyone have any info on what DAC's are in the new iPods? I've been thinking of getting an iPod 5.5g for the 80gb, but these new ones are cheaper and look a little more appealing
smily_headphones1.gif
If they carry the Wolfson DAC i might be buying one...

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #54 of 177
Personally i quite like the fact the Touch has less storage space. I wander around with a 60Gb creative at the moment, nearly all my music on it, but end up only listening to the same stuff. Having to swap music around more often will hopefully get me to make full use of my whole music collection.

And i really like the fact i can use iCal, i am THE most unorganised person in the world ever.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #55 of 177
With the cost and shortage of flash memory at the moment, 16Gb allows Apple to change the form factor, introduce OS X, and incorporate wi-fi for the cost of the higher capacity iphone. It's twice the memory of an iphone, and you don't need to be with AT&T to use it. Not only will the screen appeal to video users, but the wi-fi is gonna be a winner, allowing people to cruise the net as well as listen to music. It's got 8-16x the capacity of a nano, and I'll bet there are plenty of people who'll be happy to have one of those. It's just not as practical if you have 100Gb of music to take with you, but in 3 yrs. the flash ipods will catch up to the current hd ones. Kudos to Apple, I think they did well. I'm getting a 160Gb classic.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #56 of 177
Interestingly, if SQ of the new classic ipod is degraded, or improved... is Wolfson DAC still there?
And, sometimes I have to listen form phones-out directly, without an amp...

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #57 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally i quite like the fact the Touch has less storage space. I wander around with a 60Gb creative at the moment, nearly all my music on it, but end up only listening to the same stuff. Having to swap music around more often will hopefully get me to make full use of my whole music collection.

And i really like the fact i can use iCal, i am THE most unorganised person in the world ever.

Ditto. Like you have 40gb of music but listen to mostly same stuff. Just have to be more selective in music selection, so 16gb doesn't seem so bad.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #58 of 177
I think Apple got this rollout right. The Touch is the new wave and form factor with wide screen, flash memory, OS X and wi-fi. All this without having to pay 2 yrs for AT&T service. With the cost and current shortage of flash memory, 16Gb is the best value for that pricepoint. It has double the memory of the 8Gb iphone, and several times more memory than the nano. It's just inconvenient for those of us with 80-100 Gb of music (but the classic is nice). Most of the ipod's competition, while maintaining a smaller form factor, doesn't have the ability to access internet, or have a screen quite so large or sharp. I'll bet it sells well, and by Xmas we'll see iphones with 16Gb for $599. Kudos to Apple. I think in 3 yrs (I know, I'd prefer not waiting either) there'll be 160Gb flash ipods. It's coming.

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #59 of 177
You guys have no idea how relieved I was to see that 160GB ISN'T ONLY for the touch. If I were Apple and I wanted lots of money.. I would make 160GB exclusive to the new touch. I bet they already have a larger 30GB/60GB/80GB made already to be released in the near future to reap in more money!

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:18 AM Post #60 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilterSweepRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is there an ipod remote that will also display mp3 information? kind of like the old sony remotes. i REALLLLLLY want one, and haven't found one yet.

You have the 60gb photo??
Coz if you have there is!! It comes out of the top of the ipod leaving the dock free to attach an amp, displaying track information and such.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic3-IP119.../dp/B000EI2RSQ

I can't find it anywhere outside UK though. Maybe I can still get it from my work..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back