YEAHHHHH New iPods!!!!
Sep 9, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #136 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now ass for AAC not being such a commonly used format I do agree. I have come across this limitations when trying to find an alternative player, but I am also limited that I am on a mac. So.... Ive only found a couple players that can play AAC and sync with Mac. Oh and those definetely don't match the slimness of Apple's 80gb. So thats a problem for me... I like slim.

I'm no fan of AAC but it's support is a bit more widespread than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding#Products_that_support_AAC

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #137 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think people whining about not having enough space on the touch really need to shut their claptrap. it's obviously not marketed to you. i'm going to guess that 90% of consumers don't have more than 1 gigabyte of music, and a small collection of movies. 16gb is a good size. if you travel and want to watch movies, get a different pmp that is marketed to you; simple as that

i agree entirely!

Sep 9, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #139 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think people whining about not having enough space on the touch really need to shut their claptrap. it's obviously not marketed to you. i'm going to guess that 90% of consumers don't have more than 1 gigabyte of music, and a small collection of movies. 16gb is a good size. if you travel and want to watch movies, get a different pmp that is marketed to you; simple as that

I agree with Mr. Monk on this one, only because I have never sat down and listened to 30 gigs of music all at once, nor watch movie after movie on a 2-3 inch screen, kinda hurts my eyes after a while, anyways I prefer smaller collections that I can browse through a lot faster, rather than having 30 gigs or more even, to search through, But remember before you start telling me different this is just MHO, to each their own

Sep 9, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #140 of 177
There's a reason that an iPhone doesn't have a hard drive. You're more apt to drop a phone than an iPod. An iPod you pick it up and start it playing and set it down or put it in your pocket. The touch is basically an iPhone without the phone.

See ya
Steve

Sep 10, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #142 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple lossless is quite good as long as you are comfortable with the future of apple products. I am. It is very easy to convert to MP3 for Cowon products too.

Itunes sells ALAC music?

Sep 10, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #143 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowmagnet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man it would be nice if the touch had the ability to act as a remote to your main system and as a wireless sound output like airport express.

This is one thing that I'm going to wait and see. Having wifi built into the Touch, we might see more than a portable music player. I'm pretty sure it's possible to make a dongle that plugs onto the dock in 3rd party ipod speaker systems and stream your music from the Touch. Also, there's a possibility that you may be able to stream your music or movie from your PC/Mac to your Touch. Now, that might turn the table on Touch as extra needed storage can be accessed from your computer conveniently. Will Apple play nice with 3rd party developers? Let's wait and see.
icon10.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #144 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Itunes sells ALAC music?

Unfortunately not. I must admit though that even if they did I'd still buy CDs instead.

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #145 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirumu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately not. I must admit though that even if they did I'd still buy CDs instead.

nope, i gotta rip my cds into flac then convert into alac. ive also made sur eim able to convert alac to mp3 should i ever dispose of my ipod, not that that will ever happen ever since my new 160gb entered my possesion

Sep 10, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #146 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowmagnet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man it would be nice if the touch had the ability to act as a remote to your main system and as a wireless sound output like airport express.

If you have a Squeezebox, the Touch can control playback using SlimServer's web interface.

I guess the next generation will top at 200GB or 320GB. Either way, it will be able to take my entire 180GB ALAC-encoded lossless CD collection. Pretty impressive. Well, I guess I can always dump the Mozart and squeeze into the 160GB.

The new nano is tiny, smaller than a MiniDisc. The silver finish looks a little awkward, but the matte black is very nice.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #147 of 177
They still have not arrived yet..I would so like to see them in real. Especially to see how the silver one will stack up against the previous white version.
From the looks of the pics I will probably go for the black one.

Oh, and thanx for the mods, Jude!

Edit: Saw the 80 gb silver today and it will definitely the black one for me.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:37 AM Post #148 of 177
Ordered the 16GB iPodtouch, upgrading from 4G black/white.

However, a first gen shuffle came in the mail today. Compared the same exact song to my 4G and it blew it away! I was just curious if the sound quality on the 5G's compare to the shuffle? I purchased the shuffle because of the praise I've read on here and was wondering if the newer stuff is on par with it nowadays.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #149 of 177
Everything sucks but the touch. I'm impressed by the slimness, but they did nothing to change the screen or layout. The best thing they did was ad coverflow. Other than that, I don't think the new GUI is anything special.

Oh, and **** them for not allowing things to be added to the calendar. There are a few other things that differentiate it from the iPhone, but they command line level additions that Apple shouldn't have taken away. They could have had a small impact on the casual PDA user by at least allowing appointments to be made to the calendar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back